U.S. .22 Cal Milsurp.

The Fed-Ex Fairy Droped off a nice .22Cal H&R M12 From the C.M.P. today,
its marked U.S. so i do believe its a Mily!! i dont think these rifles were put
to much use! the thing looks NEW and you cant beat the price! i have my
Remington 40X .22 U.S. all set up with a 32 Power scope on it so that one
i will take to the 200 Yard bench-rest shoot tomorrow friday at Woburn Sportsman Club! .22 Rimfire at 200 Yds now thats a blast!!!!!!!!!!
(Jump on those H&R M12s, thay are the best bang for your BUCK) and
thay are Milsurps!

Take Care, Sheriff Dudley.

I was up at Four Seasons yesterday picking up some of those travel security cases they have been advertising - btw they are nice :)

I looked over some of the Yugos, SKS, and 1 Swiss that was there I was drooling out the door- Only picked up some .223 for my AR.. hopefully within the next few weekends to be down the range having my father blast a couple rounds off.

Ahhh...

Isn't it nice being close enough to shoot over there for lunch? I have 3 different shops that I can make it to during my lunch break... As a matter of fact, I was able to make it to FS, look at a shotgun, fill out all the paperwork, get NICS checked, and back to work a couple of weeks ago...

I do resist most of the time though... Would be WAY too expensive if I didn't.

Adam

sheriff dudley said:
The Fed-Ex Fairy Droped off a nice .22Cal H&R M12 From the C.M.P. today, its marked U.S. so i do believe its a Mily!! ... (Jump on those H&R M12s, thay are the best bang for your BUCK) and thay are Milsurps!

I looked at those but balked at buying a gun with no sights or magazine. I'm torn between buying of the CMP Kimbers or getting a new Savage with the magic trigger for half as much.

Something about having a rifle shipped TO YOUR DOOR in this state is ALWAYS an incentive........ [wink]

If you are talking about the ACCU-TRIGGER. You should go for it...

I let Derek dry fire my Savage, and his one word reply was "WOW" once the trigger broke. Great system in my opinion. I love my Savage.

Adam

Scrivener said:
I'd really prefer a wood stock, but this is the one I'm considering:

http://www.savagearms.com/markiifvt.htm

It's HALF of what the Kimber costs from the CMP.

I was drifting off with the 17hmr rifle, but I just love the look of that BTVS target stock.[smile]
The 22 rimfire rifle from Savage in your link does look nice though. I wasn't aware Savage made a target model with sights like that. There may be a wood stock you can have put on that rifle. Have you contacted Savage and asked? I know theres a line of after market laminated stock made just for some Savage rifles.
I'm in agreement with you and would get one of those over a Kimber any day.

Back to the original topic... once in a while I see Savage training rifles at the local gun shows. These are old military rifles and I think have the US property stamp on them. I know the prices were fair too. Something about the prices of Savage rifles that is amazingly low and I have no idea why. I have a hard on for them because they're local and thats how I wound up with a Savage Enfield.

Back
Top Bottom