U.N. approves first-ever global arms trade treaty

U.N. approves first-ever global arms trade treaty | Reuters

Syria and North Korea last week prevented a treaty-drafting conference at U.N. headquarters from reaching the required consensus to adopt the treaty. That left delegations that support it no choice but to turn to a General Assembly vote to adopt it.

The treaty will be open for signature June 3 and will enter into force 90 days after the 50th signatory ratifies it.

Major arms producers China and Russia joined Cuba, Venezuela, Bolivia, Nicaragua and other countries in abstaining. A number of countries complained that the treaty favors exporting over importing states.

The United States, the world's No. 1 arms exporter, said last week it would vote in favor of the treaty despite opposition from the National Rifle Association, a powerful U.S. pro-gun lobbying group.

look on the bright side...it will be a lot easier to shoot at a foreign government than an American government when they come to take your firearms.

look on the bright side...it will be a lot easier to shoot at a foreign government than an American government when they come to take your firearms.

It would just be one in the same to me. Seems like another civil war is about to break out.

Charles.

So, what exactly does this do? Does it bear as little weight as the typical strongly worded letters that the UN drafts?

As I said in another place regarding this: "Did they upgrade their blue helmets to withstand an impact from a 180 grain .30-06 round traveling at a few hundred feet per second yet? If not, then I'm not worried."

The Senate will NEVER ratify this...especially with the mid-terms in 2014 looming large for several (D) incumbants wanting to keep their jobs!

They actually think that some UN treaty will actually do anything to stop warlords and gun runners?? Wow... Since when do criminals give a damn about what laws they're breaking?

They actually think that some UN treaty will actually do anything to stop warlords and gun runners?? Wow... Since when do criminals give a damn about what laws they're breaking?
The UN is like any governmental organization. It has no interest in "stopping" whatever bad thing it claims to control, it wants to "control" it so that its mandate and budget continue and continue to grow.

So, like all the Gun-Control measures proposed here, they are not concerned with whether they work, in fact, if they actually worked, they'd be out of a job.

That's why prosecutions have dropped 40% under Obama. The need a "mandate" to "do something" which translates to "take more power".

- - - Updated - - -

That margin is too damn close. We need to put pressure on those 46 who wish to cede sovereignty to the UN -- traitors !
This next election cycle is going to be interesting. I take some large number of democrats around the country at their word that they did not think they were electing gun-grabbers. If we do our part, we could see a '94 style route next time around.

We need to get busy now though.

The UN is like any governmental organization. It has no interest in "stopping" whatever bad thing it claims to control, it wants to "control" it so that its mandate and budget continue and continue to grow.

So, like all the Gun-Control measures proposed here, they are not concerned with whether they work, in fact, if they actually worked, they'd be out of a job.

That's why prosecutions have dropped 40% under Obama. The need a "mandate" to "do something" which translates to "take more power".

- - - Updated - - -

This next election cycle is going to be interesting. I take some large number of democrats around the country at their word that they did not think they were electing gun-grabbers. If we do our part, we could see a '94 style route next time around.

We need to get busy now though.

This is what I am hoping for. That is why I laugh when I see stupid $hit like this (link below). What makes me nervous is that Oblahblah was able to win term 2 and gain seats in the Senate in 2012.

http://www.northeastshooters.com/vb...n-owners-insurance-mandatory-fine-up-10k.html

Over-reaches like the above will actually work in our favor.

The crazier and dumber the scheme Dem's try to foist on us the more unfavorably they will be viewed by the fence sitting/low information voters that elected them.

We're going to have a field day in the leadup to the election with this stuff
People want to know what we have to do, just look at ACORN, , voter fraud etc...

We have to go out and get enough people awake to counter their fraud and lies.

It won't be easy and each election there are more "takers" than "producers" so we have to get a higher percentage of "producers" to wake up each time to even have a chance.

Agreed

If each of us convinces just one of our friends that voted for Oblahblah or a Progressive/Statist then the election will go our way

Its becoming increasingly obvious that the left is the party of tyranny
Truth is the DNC and RNC have equal hands in the tyranny and governance through fear in the last 20 years.

Both houses need to be cleaned...

The universal background checks will stop these warlords and gunrunners. Just like they do any criminal here. Everybody now........Kumbaya my lord, Kumbaya,

- - - Updated - - -

Republicans have been critical of President Obama’s decision to consider the treaty, although Obama has said he would not vote for anything that would violate the Second Amendment.

Phew, I can rest easy now knowing that obummer said that.

Over-reaches like the above will actually work in our favor.

The crazier and dumber the scheme Dem's try to foist on us the more unfavorably they will be viewed by the fence sitting/low information voters that elected them.

We're going to have a field day in the leadup to the election with this stuff

Famous last words. Isn't this what we said with Romney last election?

Truth is the DNC and RNC have equal hands in the tyranny and governance through fear in the last 20 years.

Both houses need to be disinfected...

FIFY

- - - Updated - - -

No, but it does cover some 70% of the head, making the target a bit more difficult to hit, especially from a high angle.

Sounds like someone needs more range time. Besides you can always shoot them in the leg. Slows everybody down.

No, but it does cover some 70% of the head, making the target a bit more difficult to hit, especially from a high angle.

Don't shoot from above the second floor then. [rofl2]

I have two prime shooting positions, facing outside, on the second floor where I am. Also easy to get to where I can cover the front door. I'm seriously thinking about hardening some of the front. Need to figure out what to use first (involves some testing). [mg]

Wonder how well their vests will do against shotgun slug rounds.

I sent Reed an email telling him he was a disgrace to the military and a traitor to his oath. I also told him I looked forward to either his defeat or his death (I specified by natural causes).
Did you send it with your avatar?? That should be enough to soil his diapers.[rofl]

Back
Top Bottom