Type 99 Toyo Kogyo Series 32

Type99ToyoKogyoSeries32
Type99ToyoKogyoSeries32
[/IMG]

Hi Guys,
I am looking to purchase this rifle from my Bro in law.
I want to give him the most I can, so your input helps.

Here is a Series 32 Type 99 7.7 Arisaka short rifle from the Toyo Kogyo Arsenal.
Numbers matching, Mum intact. Bent Bolt. No markings indicating a sniper rifle....

My largest concern is the barrel. I cleaned the barrel lighty and it was like cleaning the rifled barrel of my Rem. 870, meaning there was no give. Very shallow grooves. Not clean enough? heavy use? Just the way it is?
A brass brush will usally follow the grooves in your hand, not in this case.
Look at the photo showing the end of the barrel, looks distorted, not round. Reamed? Sleeved?
Another photo will show that the top of the receiver does not show that this rifle was converted to 30-06, nor does it have the engraved marking, US .30 Cal on the side.
Missing cleaning rod, various screws, bi-pod, and receiver cover that I can tell. Does have a bent bolt, Anti-Aircraft sites, working bolt. Dry fires fine.

What do you think?

Nice looking 99 to bad its a 30-06 7.7 round is a little bigger .312 not .308. the bore is chrome lined bolt face was plated too. the gun can handle 30-06 round strong action. my have to go cast bullets. I would slug bore. I made 7.7 out of 30-06 brass.

Why do you think it is in 30-06? 7.7is a Jap round. The barrel doesn't look converted to me. I have one in my hand and it looks the same as yours. The gun looks like it is in average shape. The bad. It has some rust on it, the bolt is not suppose to be bent, it is missing a front screw. Bore and wood looks average. The good, It still has the mum and anti aircraft sites. I looks like the bolt matches the receiver (you have to take apart the bolt to see if the firing pin matches too). The guns is probably worth $100-$200

Back
Top Bottom