Two residences?

If I understand correctly according to the ATF one may have two residences (two different states). I have property in Vt. and that is where I do most of my shooting. I have some firearms up there already but never bothered pursuing any standing in Vt. as having my firearms there was not an issue and never purchased a firearm up there or needed to. Now with all the crap going on here in Ma. I think I should pursue looking into the two state residence. Does anyone know how and what sort of ID one would need to obtain in VT. and how to accomplish this? I spend quite a bit of time there over the course of a year and as mentioned own property there. I have no intention of bringing anything I purchase in VT. back here to Ma. and no I am not moving there full time any time soon so the "just move there in not an answer".

I have a home in MA and a home in RI and honestly I am extremely seriously looking at putting my vacation home in RI on the market this fall. I seriously want to get out of the blue state gun banning states region where I can be turned into a felon with a wink and a nod from some anti-gun prosecutor. Besides without regular people to pay taxes, they will realize the stupidity of their ways. Voting with my feet is the most effective way of beating the gun banners.

Does anyone know Kittery Trading Post's policy on this? Heading up to my Maine house in a couple weeks.

I'm trying to think out of the box. To be honest I don't know how condos are set up and run from a legal and liability perspective. It just seems like maybe a low cost way for MA-based NES'ers to establish a second legal residence for purchase and storage in southern-mid NH.

I'm thinking a lodge building with a bunch of owned 10x10 or 10x20s. Maybe there could be some common cooking, dining, bathrooms, entertainment areas, etc.

I assume bylaws could give each condo owner an equal vote for whatever decisions need to be made. Internal condos have certain liabilities and maintenance, and the common areas have another set? A range was a thought, but is very secondary.

I already own land in Texas that we could do that with. if you want to pursue this PM me and we can get together.

Last edited:
Been talking to the wife about this. Going to look down south for a second home that will become my primary residence. 98% of my work can be done anywhere with internet access. We do need to keep a place in MA due to business interests, but I think this might just work. And we both hate the cold, so spending maybe close to half our time down south would be a big plus, too.

Back
Top Bottom