Two more LTC-ALPs

MetalgodZ

NES Member
The g/f and I just picked up our LTC-A ALPs. 7-ish weeks total from interview to picking up.

Now...Spend the tax return or save it? Decisions, decisions...

[party]

Last edited:
Congratulations. You already got your tax refund? That's quick!

Nope, but I know what I'm getting. I'll be filing ASAP. I'm kind of glad I decided to give Uncle Sam an interest free "loan" for the year - bought a house in Feb. and didn't adjust my deductions.

I might end up adjusting next year, or maybe just leave it and guarantee that I save the cash again. Isn't there someone on here who's a tax professional / CPA?

Nope, but I know what I'm getting. I'll be filing ASAP. I'm kind of glad I decided to give Uncle Sam an interest free "loan" for the year - bought a house in Feb. and didn't adjust my deductions.

I might end up adjusting next year, or maybe just leave it and guarantee that I save the cash again. Isn't there someone on here who's a tax professional / CPA?

I prefer owing to getting a refund. They dont pay interest on the loan I give them if I get a refund, so I would rather have the money in my account, picking up interest before I have to give it to those bastages.

I prefer owing to getting a refund. They dont pay interest on the loan I give them if I get a refund, so I would rather have the money in my account, picking up interest before I have to give it to those bastages.

I have to look into this. It seems my refund check gets larger and larger every year.

The g/f and I just picked up our LTC-A ALPs. 7-ish weeks total from interview to picking up.

Now...Spend the tax return or save it? Decisions, decisions...

[party]

Congrats!

Be frugal.
Many people run to the nearest gun shop.
You'll likely find better deals on this forum than in most shops.

Unfortunately you learn what you like after buying stuff that you don't.

Underwhere said:
Be frugal.
Many people run to the nearest gun shop.
You'll likely find better deals on this forum than in most shops.

Unfortunately you learn what you like after buying stuff that you don't.
I will. Forums and online sales sites are a borderline addiction for me, so I have a good idea of prices both inside and outside of MA already.

I've done enough shooting that I have a decent idea of what I'd like...
Para 1911 (LDA, specifically for carry)
S&W or other 1911 (SA)
Kahr K9/MK9 (specifically for carry)
Ruger MKII/III
Garand
Something bolt action in .30-06 or similar for deer hunting in NY with my brother
Ruger 10/22 with the LTR stuff for Appleseed

I'll probably end up building an AR15 and/or an AR10 as well at some point. For most of it I'm in no rush. Unfortunately for everyone, some of those items should be rush purchases in the current political climate.

I will. Forums and online sales sites are a borderline addiction for me, so I have a good idea of prices both inside and outside of MA already.

I've done enough shooting that I have a decent idea of what I'd like...
Para 1911 (LDA, specifically for carry)
S&W or other 1911 (SA)
Kahr K9/MK9 (specifically for carry)
Ruger MKII/III
Garand
Something bolt action in .30-06 or similar for deer hunting in NY with my brother
Ruger 10/22 with the LTR stuff for Appleseed

I'll probably end up building an AR15 and/or an AR10 as well at some point. For most of it I'm in no rush. Unfortunately for everyone, some of those items should be rush purchases in the current political climate.

Congrats! Looks like that list has grown a bit from just wanting a Mini-14 [wink]

Back
Top Bottom