Two Hundred Trips to KTP - Pics Added

I must have stopped into Kittery Trading Post at least that many times, and never bought more than parts, supplies or ammo before.

But today, I took a hard look at their seriously overpriced $190 Mosin Nagant 1943 Izhevsk refurbs. I agonized for all of 8 seconds and decided to put one on layaway. It was only $5 more than the regular fare, but it had strange ears on the front sight, and a weird stock with a set of popsicle sticks holding the nosecap on...

.... (heh, heh, heh) Yep. They actually had an underpriced 1933 Finn Tikka M27 on the rack. I should be picking it up soon. And pics forthcoming, of course.

It pays (or does it cost?) to stop in every so often. Keep up the faith. [smile]

33-m27_005.JPG

33-m27_002.JPG

33-m27_001.JPG

33-m27_003.JPG

33-m27_004.JPG

33-m27_007.JPG

33-m27_008.JPG

33-m27_009.JPG

33-m27_006.JPG

Last edited:
Same for me, but I haven't been 200 times, maybe 20 times when I used to live in Haverhill when KTP was only 30 minutes away. I used to get a lot of gunpowder for my re-enacting unit. I never chanced to find any interesting German stuff. I also could never really afford anything at the time (mid 90's) when I was a starting teacher. I did pick up my 1890 Loewe contract Comission 88 there for $50; one of my better shooters.

I have only gotten one rifle from them a little remington .22 They deff seem high on the price scale but we vacation up in York every summer so it just becomes habit to go in and at least buy some ammo or a spare magazine.

I been walking in to some nice guns. last month or two. It's being in the right place at the right time. The gun dealers when you get to know you let you put stuff on layway. Also friends will call you when they see something you like. Last three guns came from a friends call.

I must have stopped into Kittery Trading Post at least that many times, and never bought more than parts, supplies or ammo before.

But today, I took a hard look at their seriously overpriced $190 Mosin Nagant 1943 Izhevsk refurbs. I agonized for all of 8 seconds and decided to put one on layaway. It was only $5 more than the regular fare, but it had strange ears on the front sight, and a weird stock with a set of popsicle sticks holding the nosecap on...

.... (heh, heh, heh) Yep. They actually had an underpriced 1933 Finn Tikka M27 on the rack. I should be picking it up soon. And pics forthcoming, of course.

It pays (or does it cost?) to stop in every so often. Keep up the faith. [smile]

I've picked up a Finn Tikka M91 for 275 (yes, average price, but it was absolutely mint) and a Finn 91/30 capture for 150 there. Both were marked as Russians on the tag.

Martin you seem to find the hidden treasures no matter what. Can I just follow you around when you go to gun shops. Great score buddy.

whoo hoo, many years ago I loved buying there beater 22s they had in a big barrel 20 bucks. Most needed a really good cleaning and a bit of rust removal.
ALWAYS bring a bore light with you if the bore is decent.....theres hope.
Good score martin

Nice score Martin... it pays to know your stuff. I am thinking though, I hope no one from KTP reads this board or someone will be assigned to brush up on Finn Mosins. :)

Last edited:
Well, there is no forecast for sunshine today. But I took some more pics in a different setting to give this gun some justice. It is really a beautiful thing. Enjoy.

33_m27_001.JPG

33_m27_002.JPG

33_m27_003.JPG

33_m27_004.JPG

33_m27_006.JPG

33_m27_007.JPG

33_m27_008.JPG

33_m27_009.JPG

Back
Top Bottom