Two Gun Shows 3 Miles Apart

I am going up tomorrow the the fireside inn one (should call it the fire "inside" inn-it was hotter then hell in there last time I went),how is that one in WRJ ?

Its an hour for me,might be able to bring a neighbor for the ride.
I miss going to the big shows (Albany-Forks of the Delaware in Allentown) but will try this one once again.Last time pretty packed,standard high prices and the low ceilings and high temps inside made it uncomfortable.

They don't allow any guns inside(except ones your selling)-no carry even with permit, its a "gun free zone" too,kinda strange.

Its an hour for me,might be able to bring a neighbor for the ride.
I miss going to the big shows (Albany-Forks of the Delaware in Allentown) but will try this one once again.Last time pretty packed,standard high prices and the low ceilings and high temps inside made it uncomfortable.

They don't allow any guns inside(except ones your selling)-no carry even with permit, its a "gun free zone" too,kinda strange.

Yeah that is strange.

Getting ready to go now,have two neighbors to go with me.

I should qualify my no guns thing,as I recall it has a sign that says "No Loaded Guns" at all their shows.First time I just went back to car and put my,licensed of course,carry under the mat and went back in.I asked once and they said nope,not even with a carry.

Good luck,hope ya find something neat.

Yeah I'm a little slower than you. I sent you a pm.. Maybe we can meet and say hi at the show. I'll be in my tan Arkansas hat, glasses, and cowboy boots. Uh, and rest of my clothes of course! :D

I went to both,, bought some ammo for the Walthers and found a nice scoped 10/22 that came home with me, a nice early one with a walnut stock and some beautiful figure on it. About everyone that walked by it stopped and looked at it. I went to lunch, came back and it was still there so i read that as a sign it was meant to be, so it has a nice new home.

I ended up going to both as well. At the Lebanon show I chatted with the gentleman selling old milsurp parts. Bought an Enfield SMLE buttstock, a mauser trigger guard, and a French Berthier bolt body and bayonet for a good price. All stuff that I was kind of looking for.

What I was really looking at were pocket pistols, in fact I went hoping to see a Beretta 1934 which I have been looking at a lot over the past couple of weeks on the internet. Didn't see one at the Lebanon show, but did see a Colt Mustang for expensive (I predict getting one of those in the far future).

Went over to the Vermont show. Wouldn't you know it, there was a Beretta 1934 there in very nice shape and marked down for Sunday to a decent price. I held it, looked at the bore, looked at the markings, etc. etc., and told him I didn't have enough money on me to buy it. He asked me how much I had, and I said well I'm from NH so I couldn't buy it from him anyways. Wouldn't you know it, but there was a NH dealer there who we could transfer it to. I took that as my sign and told him what I could give him as I counted money in front of him. He frowned and agreed. Got it at a *very* good price.

Pretty happy about the buy, but I had to do some fast talking when I got back home and told the wife. I used the "investment" argument and the "you've done similar for a nice coat" argument as well, and that seemed to do the trick. Whew.

-Jason

As long as all the bills are paid,,,,anything left over is play $$$. My gf and i have seperate bills, i dont tell her how to spend her mad money and she doesnt tell me how to spend mine,,,seems to work.

Hi Jason,
sorry I missed the PM,I got moving early-needed to load up the wood stove so wife would be happy.I sent you a PM.
Please you found tow good buys,we found nothing and ended up going to KTP in Maine to look at a Shilo Shaprs my neighbor wanted.They where packed !

Didn't see much at Leb,talked with Craig @ Wildwood guns for a bit,saw a nice 1936 Luger all matching but mag @1495.He also had a pretty nice PPK for 995 (fully priced unless its listed in the Red book).Nice enough dealer thou.
We where out of there by 1030,happy to be armed again and out of the "gun free zone" of the show!

next show we will have to meet up,congrats on that 1934.
Dave

Dave I replied to your PM. Sounds like you guys had a fun outing either way.

As long as all the bills are paid,,,,anything left over is play $$$. My gf and i have seperate bills, i dont tell her how to spend her mad money and she doesnt tell me how to spend mine,,,seems to work.

Well that's great! You get two Captain Obvious points!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom