Two evil Black Rifles I cobbled together... tell me what you think!

LR308_GNR

NES Member
Both of these have been over a year in the making. Just so happened that the last few bits for both rifles came in at the same time.

The AR15 is going to get torn down and hit with some Norrells Moly Resin, kind of leaning towards a flat OD and black custom mix... so that stainless barrel wont be sticking out like a sore thumb for long!

The LR308 might stay "as is" for now, I really want to hit the range with it while the weather is still decent. Everything on both rifles that needs to be Pre-ban is (AR15 lower and 30rd mags, C-mag, and 20rd SR-25 mags). Wish I could post up a list of all the parts, but it would be as long as my arm, and I'd probably start crying when I totaled it all up!

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

6.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

Had to add the Shotgun... it just goes well with the others. [smile]
7.jpg

8.jpg

Sweet looking rifles. I don't dare show the pix to my boss; I think she'd wet herself. (She just freaked when I invited her to my Lodge's Turkey Shoot! I quote: "You mean, REAL guns?!" [rolleyes])

Too late. She actually asked me if we were using BB guns! I told her that if she showed up, I'd have an air pistol just for her to use.

Nice!! How do you like it?

Havn't even had a chance to shoot it yet, just finished putting it together Tuesday. If you look real close you will notice that the mid-length gas tube is missing, I have it, just didn't put it in for the purpose of taking pictures... she will be torn back down to the last pin and spring this weekend.

I have seen some videos of AR's running with the Shark brake, and it looks pretty effective... very little muzzle climb even at full-auto.

At the very least, it's one hell of a poking tool when you run out of ammo... God forbid![wink]

I'll post up a range report on here as soon as I can, along with some pics of her new color scheme.

Meotpa Meostar 1-4 on a LaRue SPR ... I have the same set-up. I love it.

Tony at Tromix builds really fun stuff. He has a Shark brake for the Saiga 12 too.

You're right on the money there... it's a sweet optic package for a all-around AR15 build, just a little heavy on the $$$ thought. Optic and mount will run you about $1000, give or take a few hundred pennys.

what kind of rail is that on the first rifle???

It's a VLTOR VIS-3 rifle length upper, all one piece, the rail is not seperate, this makes for a very solid platform for optics, BUIS and other various rail attachments.

Barrel is heavy profile, 1x7 twist, 14.5" with pinned brake (OAL 16.25"), stainless steel with 12 flutes behind the gas block for cooling and weight reduction. I have two cases of 262 MOD1 ammunition, and the rifle was built around that style of round... should perform well with the heavy bullets!

Ouch. Is that a "Cheap" (emphasis on sarcasm) Schmidt and Bender type scope? What rail is on the first rifle?

Yup.

It's essentially an S&B 1x4 Short-Dot at half the cost. I Just couldn't justify spending $2500 on a Short-Dot, when the K-Dot is 95% as good as the S&B. The glass on the Meopta K-Dot is superb, it's on the same level as S&B, Nightforce and Swarovski. I highly recommend this scope setup for a multi-purpose AR15.

Is the Shark Brake the one where you can shoot rebar?

Nope.

Just a standard muzzle brake with nasty little DNA collectors on the end. Were I to be heading into harms way, I would have chosen a different muzzle device... something with more flash surpressing properties!

This was brake was picked solely on muzzle control and athstetics (sp), as I feel it floes with the lines of the rifle better than a round brake would... god, that almost sounds gay![laugh]

Back
Top Bottom