Twiggs Traditional Marksmanship: June 9th8:30 am to 1:00 pm

Twigg

NES Member
This is for next Saturday folks.

Once again $15 bucks gets us the range all to ourselves.

We will shoot from traditional positions; Standing, Kneeling, Sitting and Prone.

Everybody please assemble up on the range, not in the pavallion for event sign-in.

After getting the paperwork out of the way there will be a sight-in period at 25 meters, targets will be provided.

When everyone is sighted in we will fall back to the 100 yard line and begin with the standing position.
When I am positive everyone can be on paper at 200 yards we will shoot all positions from the 200 yard line.

This means if we shoot ten rounds there are ten holes in your target. )
(9 in yours and 11 in your neighbors are OK we'll just razz you for the crossfire [laugh] )

If you do not have a centerfire rifle, you may use mine, just be sure to bring brass cased ammo.

What to bring:
A tarp / shooting mat or elbow and knee pads (the range is full of rocks and may be muddy)
Rather than drag your mat and range bag up and down the range you may choose to get dirty and bring web gear or a chest rig to carry ammo

Centerfire rifle ('scop or dot OK) and 200 rounds of ammnution.
Extra battery for dot sights.

Chest rig or web gear to carry .

Please bring four unloaded magazines.

Safety glasses, hearing protection. sunscreen, bug repellant, hat, water and a snack.

A small note book and pen <--- this will be your range log, use it to record your targets, zero, type of ammo, and any equipment issues.

Who's in ?

I'm bummed, I don't think I can make this one.

Unless I can move some family obligations I'll have to sit this one out.
Looking forward to the June 24th session.

****SHAMELESS PLUG ALERT****

You want to attend this!
This is a great class and Mr. Twigg is a great teacher.

Plus, what could be better than spending the morning with some like minded NES folk at the range?

Nothing, that's what!

Don't everybody all rush in at once now... [thinking]

I'll make this a .22lr event if anyone's interested. Sharpen up before the Appleseed event June 30th & July 1st !

I would like to be there but there's too much going on this month as it is.

Definitely keeping this on the backburner for now though.

I am thinking of coming. Is it alright to bring my son. He is 15 and has been shooting since he was 9. He has his own Colt Ar-15.

Thanks

Mark

For those of you who attended last time and can't make this one, I know you'll be back.

Heck, I'll show up if only one person's interested. I might even get to send some rounds downrange myself ! [laugh]

Dennis, you have no idea how much I want to get up there. Logistics dictate a few more weeks...

I've got all summer long, until September, check the MRGC calandar.

I can also set up afternoon shoots and even late afternoons for a low light shoot.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom