TV and Movies inaccurate Gun portrayal and use

Not a big Jolie fan but I have always liked James McAvoy so I was totally in. YEARS after seeing it the first time, I realized the d-bag friend was Chris Pratt. LOL. Made the big exit for him SO much better.

And yes, it was a comic book.

Funny was back when it came out, there was MASSIVE discussion on "another gun board" about how fake the curved bullet thing is. They never got that it was a comic book. Some guy wearing his underwear outside of his pants can't fly nor can another guy stick to buildings or that chick make you tell the truth by tying you up with a golden rope.

Watched dirty Harry the other night when I was bored. Now I've watched that famous "44 magnum is the most powerful handgun in the world" scene like 100 times. This is the first time I noticed that after the perp says "I gotsta know".....Callahan cocks the model 29.......then the screen angle changes to show the perps face.....and as Callahan pulls the trigger on an empty cylinder.....it rotates. See for yourself ff to about 2:30 in.

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8Xjr2hnOHiM

Good resurrection!

Watched Bosch S6 and it opens with a crime (naturally) that involves a revolver...so I am straining to see what is being used, but to me it looks like a 38sp/357

Later, they are going through the autopsy and it was noted that there were no exit wounds and a small caliber firearm was used. I am perplexed by this, as the murder weapon is then recovered and that wheel gun is definitely 38 spl/357 and should have canoed the victim

Still a great series, Bosch himself carries a 1911 in Condition 1

This rubber M16A1 from Narcos: Mexico on Netflix. I had more convincing toy guns as a kid.

Attachments

• gc8b77kew9121.jpg
    gc8b77kew9121.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 3
Watched dirty Harry the other night when I was bored. Now I've watched that famous "44 magnum is the most powerful handgun in the world" scene like 100 times. This is the first time I noticed that after the perp says "I gotsta know".....Callahan cocks the model 29.......then the screen angle changes to show the perps face.....and as Callahan pulls the trigger on an empty cylinder.....it rotates. See for yourself ff to about 2:30 in.

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8Xjr2hnOHiM

Good, they practiced good gun safety. Unlike say, The Crow. Although I think he was murdered.

Sombrero_3.jpg

@ 300 yards

=

headshot.gif
Look at that grip, and hes using target focus so 300 yards is doable

Back
Top Bottom