• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Turnout Low on First Day of Handgun Registration

I wish they would just spend a week doing Q&A with the USSC so they get all their stupid ideas smacked down right off the bat.

I would love to see how many times they get the 'WTF are you guys thinking?[slap]' look from Scalia.

It seems more like they've begun denying licenses. Dick Heller was turned down because his semi automatic pistol meets the criteria for being a "machine gun". My guess is that this is going to go back to court a few more times.

Heller is running for the House!!

But we're burying the real news here. It seems that Heller may not have brought his gun with him to register, but he was armed with a load of candidate petitions, Duggan said.

Seems that Heller is planning to run for the House seat currently held by Eleanor Holmes Norton. Heller is seeking signatures to be on the ballot as a libertarian candidate.
http://blog.washingtonpost.com/dc/2008/07/gun_registration_started_down.html?hpid=news-col-blog

Back
Top Bottom