Trouble with the C&R packet

Well, about 2 weeks before Christmas I filled out the online form for the C&R packet figuring it would take a few weeks to get it. Realizing that the Obama fanfare has probably delayed it even more I wait a few more weeks.

Well, a lil over a month later I call up the distribution center and talk with an obvious tired lady. So I tell her what the deal is and she is kind of perplexed as I should have gotten it by now. She actually asks me to wait a moment to bring up a program and then asks me for my ZIP and last name to see if I was in the queue for a packet. Low and Behold, I wasn't in the queue for a C&R application packet. She then asked me to wait a moment and then manually entered me in for a packet.

So, if you asked for an Application via the ATF Distribution Center Website in December and have not received yours yet, you may want to call them and make sure your in the queue to be sent one.

I applied for mine the 1st time in the beginning of Nov. 2nd time beginning of Dec., 3rd time...well you get the point Took me 4 times and just received it on Wednesday this week...NOW one thing I noticed is the 1st 3 times I ordered using either Firefox or Safari. The last time I noticed it said on the order page to use IE!! Not sure how true this is, as 2 days after I ordered it with IE I received it in the mail...[shocked] There is no way a gov't agency can mail something out that quick? NAH! But I figured I'd let everyone know to use Internet Explorer...

They got my application, (I sent it with Tracking Confirmation), but never cashed my check and according to them, received my application...[thinking] The woman I spoke to however, was very nice and sent me a fresh application.....Going to start all over again this weekend...

We ordered 2 packets about the same time you did. I finally gave up and called in an order today. I think their system was completely broken at that time. I wonder if it still is.

I've ordered the forms online twice now. Still nada. So today I gave up and called the phone number. Got a live human which raises my hopes that I might actually get something in the mail soon.

I received My C&R just the other day. Took a while to get the application. Be careful to hit the right submit button as it is in a weird location

Back
Top Bottom