Trigger lock that violates safety protocols

That page reads like it was written by AI. They need to fire their marketing dude and just make a short product video.

It would have been possible to come up with this concept on a more clever design that did not suffer the "post inside the trigger guard" problem. The looks like a failure to check the idea out with a group consisting of both end users and somewhat qualified experts (both no-name and big name instructors).

I NEVER trust a vendor who claims "zero risk money back if not satisfied", because they are asking you to accept the premise that extending them credit is risk free. Plus, there is the risk of an AD if you use this product on certain models of loaded guns.

They do show it on an un-cocked 1911, so they might tell you in the instructions to only use it on a gun with an empty chamber, so you'd have to rack the slide/action before using the gun after unlocking it. But it still looks to me like a lawsuit waiting to happen, since you know someone will either put it on a gun with one in the pipe or in a panic get the sequencing wrong (rack the slide before unlocking it). In either case the user gets an ND and Tactical Traps gets a lawsuit. Not to mention that you have to remember to charge the thing every 5 months and if you forget you have to go find the stupid key to use your gun.

They do show it on an un-cocked 1911, so they might tell you in the instructions to only use it on a gun with an empty chamber, so you'd have to rack the slide/action before using the gun after unlocking it. But it still looks to me like a lawsuit waiting to happen, since you know someone will either put it on a gun with one in the pipe or in a panic get the sequencing wrong (rack the slide before unlocking it). In either case the user gets an ND and Tactical Traps gets a lawsuit. Not to mention that you have to remember to charge the thing every 5 months and if you forget you have to go find the stupid key to use your gun.
The idea is prevention of incompetents not schooled in the manual of arms from having ADs. Hammer down on an empty chamber does nothing to prevent an idiot kid from racking the slide then jiggling the lock until the trigger is pulled.

The idea is prevention of incompetents not schooled in the manual of arms from having ADs. Hammer down on an empty chamber does nothing to prevent an idiot kid from racking the slide then jiggling the lock until the trigger is pulled.
Yup, the number of ways that this thing can fail is incredible. Particularly when they are selling it as a solution that would be used when under a high stress situation.

Maybe it’s just supposed to add weight to your firearm so that when you throw it at someone it will be more effective???

I can't find it now. Wah. There was a video from a shooting a few years ago (crappy security cam footage) of a showdown between two gang members next to a bank in Chicago.

GB-1 opens fire. Hits GB-A in the leg or something. Goes for cover behind a planter.

GB-A draws gat from waist band, attempts to fire it a few times, and YEETS the pistol, boomerang style at GB-1.

Perfect shot! Hits him in the head and knocks him out cold.

Stumbles over, pickups his weapon, fiddles with it for another twenty seconds before managing to get the safety off, caps GB-1 in head twice. And then limps out of frame.

“The false acceptance rate on the Quick Draw Trigger Lock is an incredible 0.001%. That means the lock is pretty darn foolproof!”

Well, I suppose that .001% of the time your kid will shoot himself is safer than taking the COVID vaccine, so there’s that.

“The false acceptance rate on the Quick Draw Trigger Lock is an incredible 0.001%. That means the lock is pretty darn foolproof!”

Well, I suppose that .001% of the time your kid will shoot himself is safer than taking the COVID vaccine, so there’s that.
What do you mean? I'm double quadruple vaccinated and I'm fine.

I don't understand all the hate. It clearly says this is "How "insiders" keep their guns locked." I want to be an "insider," too.

Evidently, "insiders" have pretty shitty gun-handling mechanics, too. Who knew?

Six month battery life? Why doesn’t it it just take a CR123?..

To be safe you still have to rack it after the locks removed.

I have a better solution. Just keep your gun on you.

“ Hold on intruder, I just have to recharge my lithium ion battery in my trigger lock”

I don't understand all the hate. It clearly says this is "How "insiders" keep their guns locked." I want to be an "insider," too.

Evidently, "insiders" have pretty shitty gun-handling mechanics, too. Who knew?
A real insider believes that the DC vs. Heller decision "unloaded and disassembled or bound by a trigger lock" is unconstitutional.

Law of the land and all that, but still illegal in Mass.

And is that thing with the center post not vulnerable to a small girl with flabby arms and a flat blade screw driver? I feel safer already.

oh, look at that, the backup key is a cylinder type. security is clearly their first priority.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4rCUK5K6wwY

It depends on what type. There are very common types (like the centered ACE 137), then obscure ones where you are unlikely to find an adversary with the proper tool. For example, I don't even have an 11 pin tubular (4 pins are concentric doubles) in my access kit. Then there are strange sizes, like the non-standard one used on the Master handcuff style motorcycle locks Master makes.

I've also never run into any offset left or offset right ACE137 (the centering index on these is not centered in the vacant location an 8th pin would go. Oh, and that reminds me - there is also the 8 pin tubular.

But, it's probably a low bidder off the shelf designed to look high security.

BTDT rescuing someone at a match who left his Master trigger lock key at home; had to use a swiss army attack on the lock due to lack of tools.

Last edited:
There is a general consensus that one does not put a trigger lock on a loaded gun, Sure, there are exceptions - like one that allow you to put the locking post behind the trigger (most often revolvers).

Check this out for a good laugh: Quick Draw Trigger Lock
Nevertheless, I'm sure the gun is Glock Safe®.

Yup, the number of ways that this thing can fail is incredible. Particularly when they are selling it as a solution that would be used when under a high stress situation.
Loss of fine motor skills, man.

I never used a trigger lock and never will. It violates the #1 rule of gun safety just using it.
How do you feel when people put a marker through the trigger guard when they take photos of their handgun? Your options are unsafe maniacs or epic photographers.

I have eczema. Even when it is not obvious, my skin is usually too dry for a fingerprint reader to work.
The sheriffs office employee had a hell of a time getting a clean scan when I needed a fingerprint card for a DoD clearance background check.
A-holes that are pushing mandated fingerprint readers on guns are violating 2A rights of everyone. On top of that, they are violating the ADA too.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom