Tree stand shooting

bdb

NES Member
I put together and tested my new 2 man ladder stand today. They are rather a big PITA to get in a tree and secured by yourself. The wife gave me a hand for a couple of minutes to stabilize it the I was all set.

Anyway, tested it out with my 6 year old daughter and she even got in some shooting :) she says she is excited to hunt in it with me this fall. I am definitely looking forward to it!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    276.7 KB · Views: 193
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    274.8 KB · Views: 209
I think it will work well right there in that tree. Not too far from the street (not much drag distance) and looks like you can call for help from the neighbors if needed. LOL!

Seriously, it looks like a nice set-up and it is great that your daughter is in! That's what it's all about.

Where are your safty harnesses?

Yup busted. Once up there I had my arm around her and we never stood up. I went down first and stayed a couple of steps below her. I took it back down after dinner incase any neighborhood kids thought it looked like a cool play structure.

Ya 2 mans are a pita setting up by yourself. I took my daughter out in mine last year and she loved it till she started getting cold.

Wear a harness. Both of you and have a line going to the ground wiyh a prussic hitch for the kid to tie into in case she slips off the ladder

Congrats on getting the kid involved but teach the right way for safety first.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
sorry for reviving this...bought a few tree stands this year and got one set up about 17-18' up...none of my stands came with a fall arrest system...anyone use a rock climbing harness to tie in up there? i'd feel much safer with a quality harness and a self belay device than just dangling there waiting for someone to find me. not really sure how these work. does everyone hang their lines above their stand?

Mine connects over my head. If u want to use climbing gear cuz u know it n trust it then go with that. It's about safety, not looking cool or having the best and most expensive gear.
I have a double ladder stand and I don't wear a harness in it. I only wear one in my hang on stands cuz they're higher and a little less safe

Anybody in a treestand without a harness should be certain their life insurance policies are all squared away.

Back
Top Bottom