• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Travel Case

N.E. CHARTERS

Banned
I jsut came across this photo of a Travel Case that looks like it would be very easy to make. I know it shows backpacking but it would be Handy to keep in the truck or on an ATV.

I would not paint any fancy Logos on it as it would be more descrete left loking like a piece of PVC pipe that would not attact attentionanywhere even riding the train people would just think your a plumber or handyman.

Go to the Plumbing supply store and get a 10 ft piece of sch 80 PVC 4" diawith a end cap and a threaded coupleing with plug.

Gle it together the legnth of your gun. If you want a shorther gun? Buy a hacksaw while your at the store.

I would add a couple of stainless tiedowns to the tube to add a sling. I made a small diameter tube to hold fishing rods just like this using 2 " PVC and have taken it on international and domestic flights as carry-on.

You can even put pretty stickers of fish or gecos on it if thats "your thing"

The travel security clerks ask what it is and I tell them its a fishing rod. Never have had to open it up to prove it. They are too busy harrasing 80 yr old WWII diabled Vets with USMC tattoes to care about anything else.

51340.jpg

IM000016.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom