• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Transporting through Mass whats the law?

I am going to be passing through Mass on my way to NH. I have a NH permit and My home state Ct. Does Mass Follow Federal Law and I can transport in 2 seperate locked boxes ammo and pistol? Or do they have a separate more stricker law? I Could not find anything prohibiting this action.

Thanks

Joe

States are bound by FOPA 86, however, there is always the risk of encountering an officer who does not understand this.

Best bet is to be sure you comply with FOPA86, and also get lost in a crowd of one. I have driven through many states, dozens of times, been stopped once, and searched exactly nonce.

Follow FOPA and don't get pulled over. I would personally it transport anything that violates the MA AWB (post ban high cap mags or assault weapons)

It's kind of like in the movie "The Other Guys" where the cops are explaining to the kids how not to be arrested: "Try really hard not to be Balck or Hispanic".

Drive the speed limit, signal before changing lanes and remove the "BAD COP! NO DONUT!" sticker from your car.

FOPA allows you to carry in the locked trunk of your car. I always advise students not to rely on this, since you never know what sort of problems might require you to open your trunk. I guess if you keep your spare and jack in the back seat, you could ignore this advice, but for the rest of us ...

Ken

I have a shooting bud from Ct. that goes to NH to shoot at his uncles farm. He puts his locked case in one of those soft coolers in the trunk just in case he does get a flat.

Back
Top Bottom