• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Transfer rifle out of state to a FFL do I have to file FA10

If I Transfer a rifle out of state to a FFL do I have to file FA10?

I would be shipping to an FFL Dealer in New Mexico.

No, the gun is FOREVER Registered to YOU by MA! [thinking]

There is NO mechanism to get "unregistered" if you transfer a gun in any way, shape or form. Even if you transfer it to another MA LTC holder, your FA-10 and their FA-10 stays in the system forever!

What, you want a sophisticated system that flags that you don't own something any more? [laugh] Sorry this is MA, we don't do things like that! [wink]

It would still be necessary to file an FA-10 form, though, wouldn't it? You are transferring the gun, so isn't it the law that you file the FA-10 form within 7 days of transfer?

No, the gun is FOREVER Registered to YOU by MA! [thinking]

There is NO mechanism to get "unregistered" if you transfer a gun in any way, shape or form. Even if you transfer it to another MA LTC holder, your FA-10 and their FA-10 stays in the system forever!

What, you want a sophisticated system that flags that you don't own something any more? [laugh] Sorry this is MA, we don't do things like that! [wink]

I'll just fill it out anyway and list the FFL info for the tranfer.

Of course I expected an ass backwards system here in MA. I face it everday in education as a teacher. Well not everyday at least not until September.

NO!

You ONLY file an FA-10 when you transfer to a MA LTC-holder (or FID if appropriate)!

NO FA-10s for sales to Dealers or outside the state.

If you send it in, CHSB will either trash it or return it to you, but they won't scan it into the database.

rofl, I think it actually says no person to person interstate transfers using this form. Which is of course illegal to begin with

They are between unlicensed individuals, but a transfer from one C&R FFL holder to another would be just another person to person transfer, since Massachusetts doesn't recognize them anywhere. See what sort of silliness happens when we try to analyze Massachusetts laws rationally? [wink]

Ken

Back
Top Bottom