Training woman to defend themselves

jmjkd

Instructor
Physically training woman is an easy task because of their mind set. Most are no nonsense and are eager to learn where as men seem to think they already know everything. What I mean is most men have been in a few scuffles and as delusional as it may be, believe their tough and willing to fight. Where most woman very rarely have ever been in a scuffle and don't see themselves as a fighter they just want to escape and survive. If only men could let down the macho shield they too would get a more realistic perception and cut to the chase.

Once a woman breaks through the belief that they would never be able to stop a man from hurting them the sky is the limit. How this is done is through authentic empowerment training.
Mechanically speaking a woman uses the same mechanics to move as a man, and with the correct training those mechanics according to physics allow a smaller weaker woman using leverage, timing, gravity, centrifugal force and the right mind set will produce a very dangerous woman and that's without a weapon. Arm her and let her lead the charge.

In theory this makes sense, but in the practical, well that's a different story. So the woman need progressive testing , not talk but action to verify their own truth. Once they start beating men in training the liberation they feel is empowering and it only gets better from their. Of course it is quit humbling for a man to submit and tap out to a woman in class in front of everyone, but hey, you thought you were the tough guy.

Woman are the backbone of the family and can hold their own just as well as many men but upbringing and society has taught them different.

I've never seen one yet with any real hand to hand ability, vs a larger, stronger man who was willing to hurt them badly and be hurt a bit himself, and I trained overseas. here' in the US, nearly all of the MEN are a joke, much less the women. Very few women can bring themselves to shoot anyone, at all, ever,much less rejoice at having shoved a pistol up under his chin and having his brains all over their faces (which is the attitude you HAVE to have, going into a fight, and after having survived, too). Of course, you can't let this SHOW, especially not in public, and you certainly can't TEACH it in such a way as to have the media grab hold of it.

Tryit, you bring up some very valid points.
1.Nearly most men are a joke. I agree but seriously you have to respect the ones who are no joke.
2.Very few woman can bring themselves to shoot anyone. I also agree with this as well, however more and more woman are realizing very few men are going to help them and are starting to learn to take matters into their own hands.

2.Very few woman can bring themselves to shoot anyone. I also agree with this as well, however more and more woman are realizing very few men are going to help them and are starting to learn to take matters into their own hands.

Most of the women I grew up around were quite clear on the fact that they would defend themselves and their children. A lot of women lack the motivation for self-preservation...not most of them.

Some of us were raised to take care of ourselves. Period. Full-stop. Whether it was cooking, changing a flat tire, or avoiding being murdered. It isn't about realizing that a man may or may not help me, it is about being a grown-up and taking responsibility for your own life, regardless of your gender.

As an adult, I should be able to take care of myself. I don't need a man or a woman to be my guardian and hold my hand.

I am sure your statement accurately describes some of the women you have met, but it is insulting to me, the same way my husband would be insulted if you implied that without me, he would have nothing good to eat, no clean clothes to wear, and be living in a pigsty of a dwelling. He, like me, is entirely capable of life without a Mommy or a Daddy. Because he is an adult.

Tryit, you bring up some very valid points.
1.Nearly most men are a joke. I agree but seriously you have to respect the ones who are no joke.

Very few men can bring themselves to shoot one...

I don't think painting with a broad brush like that helps at all. Like Nicole said, I'd say the girls/ women I've met in my life absolutely learn the act of self-preservation, some more than men. Probably because they don't suffer from the alpha male bullshit.

I was remarking on tryit didn't meant to insult anyone. But some men are a joke and some are not. Some woman can take care of themselves, some can't but these days more have to.
No broad brush.
Pretty cut and dry.

Real hard men and women are a dying breed for sure.. I actually think women in general are getting tougher and tougher comparatively to men.... at least mentally. I have really seen a pussification of the male American over the years and I'm really not that old.

In my experience even if the person can't realistically defend themselves, any training still gives them some confidence and or peace of mind. It might not help them if they ever actually have to defend themselves, but being attacked as an adult is pretty rare. In the mean time, they will breath a little easier thinking their one class a week of whatever makes them some kind of trained killer [wink].

The fact of the matter is 99 percent of the population can't fight their way out of a paper bag. Even the guys/girls that think they are hard more than likely aren't. Not everyone is a killer.. and that's ok. If you want to train and enjoy training then do it. And if something happens hopefully you are prepared. More than likely though your life will be uneventful.

one problem I have with most superficial self-defense classes, especially in commercialized west (with senseis making cash on promotions), it will never prepare you for a real street fight. Unless the person grew up in some neighborhood where you had to fight dirty and knows what is violence and what is pain.

I advocate Judo as the most non-BS. You can't kick or punch, aside from that, not many rules to remember. Do whatever to win and both parties go 100%. If it comes to wrestling, and many fights do, she knows exactly what to expect.

In some training situations, I see people treating it like normal life not an extreme situation, they try to be considerate to each other, apologize for hurting each other. WTF? I am deliberately trying to hurt your bitch ass as much as possible until you tap out. No apologies. But some people just don't get it.

Mental attitude to prepare to "defend myself and family" is all BS. Prepare or not, unless you had your life hang by a thread for real, you won't know what you will do.

Last edited:
So it all comes down to fight or flight, and no matter how much you have trained. You don't know what your going to do until the shit hits the fan.Both times that I walked into a shoot out my first instinct was to go for my firearm,but at the same time my flight instinct kicked in and I got the hell out of there.

So it all comes down to fight or flight, and no matter how much you have trained. You don't know what your going to do until the shit hits the fan.Both times that I walked into a shoot out my first instinct was to go for my firearm,but at the same time my flight instinct kicked in and I got the hell out of there.

It “is” about fight or flight. offense/defense. Sometimes your in, then your out...moment by moment.
These girls are really tough and will run over the average strong man.....And before someone wants to mouth off about that woman are not strong enough....You will get called on the carpet by any of these girls...man or woman.

This is why I started this thread, to show the woman and the men who read this that their perception of a woman being not strong enough to fend off a man is false and some trained woman are a real threat . This is true and valid.
But in truth the only way anyone will believe it is to actually get off the computer and take the challenge. Plus it's great exercise..

Well regardless where she lives and trains now, she is still a bad ass woman and should inspire all women who believe they don't have the power to take on and offender. Now as I stated earlier add a weapon and you have a real force to reckon with.

Real hard men and women are a dying breed for sure.. I actually think women in general are getting tougher and tougher comparatively to men.... at least mentally. I have really seen a pussification of the male American over the years and I'm really not that old.

In my experience even if the person can't realistically defend themselves, any training still gives them some confidence and or peace of mind. It might not help them if they ever actually have to defend themselves, but being attacked as an adult is pretty rare. In the mean time, they will breath a little easier thinking their one class a week of whatever makes them some kind of trained killer [wink].

The fact of the matter is 99 percent of the population can't fight their way out of a paper bag. Even the guys/girls that think they are hard more than likely aren't. Not everyone is a killer.. and that's ok. If you want to train and enjoy training then do it. And if something happens hopefully you are prepared. More than likely though your life will be uneventful.

Great points.

I'm not that old either, and have also noticed the pussification of males. I'm lucky enough to know many great guys - friend's husbands, male friends, etc - who I know would defend me if the situation arose. But over the years I've also come across numerous men who, I realized quickly, I couldn't rely on if needed. One guy a few years ago - if I left his place late at night, he wouldn't even walk outside his apartment building with me in the winter, because it was, "....too cold." (He didn't last long.) And I went out on a couple of dates in October with a guy who told me he was, "...terrified of guns." He pretty much castrated himself with that statement. (No, I never saw him a 3rd time.) And they're just 2 who spring to mind.

So true also, that often just having some training makes us feel better-prepared and provides some peace of mind. Who knows how we'd react in a time of need, but hopefully some preparation is better than nothing.

A friend of mine who's in law enforcement has occasionally reminded me of the importance of women not just "rolling over" when threatened, but using whatever is handy as some kind of weapon - whether it's a vase to hit someone with, or a pair of glasses to try and poke them with. It's been good food-for-thought for me - helps me remember that just because there's no way I could match a guy's strength, thinking outside the box & using something, instead of just panicking, might buy me valuable seconds or minutes.

Great points.

I'm not that old either, and have also noticed the pussification of males. I'm lucky enough to know many great guys - friend's husbands, male friends, etc - who I know would defend me if the situation arose. But over the years I've also come across numerous men who, I realized quickly, I couldn't rely on if needed. One guy a few years ago - if I left his place late at night, he wouldn't even walk outside his apartment building with me in the winter, because it was, "....too cold." (He didn't last long.) And I went out on a couple of dates in October with a guy who told me he was, "...terrified of guns." He pretty much castrated himself with that statement. (No, I never saw him a 3rd time.) And they're just 2 who spring to mind.

So true also, that often just having some training makes us feel better-prepared and provides some peace of mind. Who knows how we'd react in a time of need, but hopefully some preparation is better than nothing.

A friend of mine who's in law enforcement has occasionally reminded me of the importance of women not just "rolling over" when threatened, but using whatever is handy as some kind of weapon - whether it's a vase to hit someone with, or a pair of glasses to try and poke them with. It's been good food-for-thought for me - helps me remember that just because there's no way I could match a guy's strength, thinking outside the box & using something, instead of just panicking, might buy me valuable seconds or minutes.

Welcome to NES!

Your friend is right. Take a look at this device that we did a group buy on 3 months ago . . . the inventor definitely was "thinking outside the box".
http://www.northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/threads/219827-FEELER-DE-CAP-ATURTLE

You also should consider taking the NRA Personal Protection In/Outside the Home courses at some point in the future. [Disclaimer: I teach them.]

Welcome to NES!

Your friend is right. Take a look at this device that we did a group buy on 3 months ago . . . the inventor definitely was "thinking outside the box".
http://www.northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/threads/219827-FEELER-DE-CAP-ATURTLE

You also should consider taking the NRA Personal Protection In/Outside the Home courses at some point in the future. [Disclaimer: I teach them.]

Thanks for the welcome. And I love the device - for sure that was thinking outside the box!

I'm going to investigate the NRA courses you mentioned - don't have my own firearm yet. I'm booked to attend an Armed Defense in the Home course at MFS at the end of January, so I can follow this up with other courses gradually.

Thanks for the info!

Thanks for the welcome. And I love the device - for sure that was thinking outside the box!

I'm going to investigate the NRA courses you mentioned - don't have my own firearm yet. I'm booked to attend an Armed Defense in the Home course at MFS at the end of January, so I can follow this up with other courses gradually.

Thanks for the info!

Rose,

Jump on this Karma and maybe you'll get lucky.
http://www.northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/threads/233090-Karma-NES-De-Cap-Aturtle

Gimmicks don't save lives. Just as the saw doesn't make a carpenter. It's just a tool. You need to be trained in that tool and then tested.
As soon as the conversation strays from fact to fiction the thread looses validity and re-enforces a false sense of security.

Back
Top Bottom