Training DVD Topics?

I'm asking around on a couple of the more popular forums to find out what training video topics Members would be most interested in from Valhalla Training Center (or in general).

There is a poll posted on the latest Valhalla Newsletter with a list of titles that we've already taped or have planned within the near future. If you could take a few minutes to consider the options and click on your choice, I'd appreciate the input.... no registration, etc required...

Thanks in Advance.

-RJP

Last edited:
That link just seems to take me to one of those generic link sites, with nothing even vaguely connected with Valhalla or firearm training.

Ken

Rob,

As with most of the video,s out there> I think they miss the common man/woman issue. The new owner with little or no knowledge. Ground rule basics with skill building blocks that can be acheived and built upon in limited range time settings and dry practice tutoring.

The day of reading and applying is a lost art.

Step by step training the Arthur Murry way one step at a time.

Those of us that have served in the military, law enforcement were taught basics and hopefully continued to build on those foundations.

My 5 cents.

Looking forward to training with you in 2008.

MP1911,

Unfortunately, there are still a lot of people that think defensive shoting is a mechanical skill that requires "left foot here, right foot here" type chorepgraphy for a new student.

That is 100% not the case.

Welcome to guns.
Be safe.
Work with what your body wll do naturally (Including Focus on your threat.
Extend-Touch-Press.

That's what we teach new students... and that (and more) is what is covered in the Combat Focus Shooting DVD currently available.

The way I was taught by both the military and law enforcement is not the best way to teach someone defensive firearms.

The mechanical refinement (including sight alignement, sight picture) is better taught after someone is comfortable with the fundamentals.

-RJP

Back
Top Bottom