• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Trainer Recommendations

GeorgeMason

NES Member
So recently I’ve started shooting more than just blasting paper from straight on. I’ve done some events that required shooting multiple targets, some at a distance which I’ve never shot. Although it’s been fun trying new things, I’ve made the hard realization that I’m a terrible shooter. I thought some of my skills of blasting the middle out of a piece of paper would transfer. They do not.
I need some formal 1:1 training with a good trainer who can help me identify and break the slew of bad habits I’m sure are causing the poor performance. Who does everyone here recommend? I’m in Central MA, but happy to drive 90-120 minutes.

Read Ben Stoeger books.
Shoot USPSA.

After a few matches, sign up for a class with any of the high-level Master or Grandmaster instructors.

We need more specifics. It depends on what type of shooting you’re interested in. Are you talking handgun or rifle?

The basics are easy, but a trap shooter will be less able to help a skeet shooter, and neither would be very helpful for someone interested in 3gun.
A 3gun shooter won’t be as much help for someone interested in prs.

Back
Top Bottom