Private firearms instruction recommendations?

Looking for private firearms training — ideally within an hour of Boston. Have LTC. Any recommendations on great instructors? Places to avoid?

What kind of training are you looking for? Classroom training? Live fire? For competition? Personal protection? Are you just trying to decide what gun to buy? Depending upon what type of training you’re looking for, the responses might be different.

What kind of training are you looking for? Classroom training? Live fire? For competition? Personal protection? Are you just trying to decide what gun to buy? Depending upon what type of training you’re looking for, the responses might be different.

live fire for personal protection. Have a gun already.

If you needed it yesterday, Sig would be the go to, I think they are actually running classes, but you're going to pay for it. I bet they are backed up the wazoo, too.

If you can wait the number of private 1 on 1 instructors you can set up time with is going to dramatically increase, the big problem right now is the gun clubs they use are still all blockading
guests. Once that shit goes away your options will go up dramatically.

Check out Handgun 102 at Sig Academy. They have openings end of June and in July. It’s not private, I believe it’s two instructors for 10–12 students. When I took this class roughly 4 years ago you spent an hour or two in the class room and the rest of the time on the range. My opinion is this is a great class to start with at if you already have an LTC(have already gone thru the basic safety course required to get ur LTC), own your own pistol, have shot it a few times and know how to safely load and unload your firearm. If you really want to get up to speed quick you can take their foundation handgun series back to back to back as they usually offer Handgun 102, 103 and 104 back to back to back. I just looked at there calendar and they have handgun 102 opening on June 30 and handgun 103 openings for July 1st and the handgun 104 openings is first week of August. Handgun 104 is two 8hour days, 102-103 are each one 8 hour day. The student make up of the classes are pretty diverse with age bracket leaning on the over 50 side for the entry level classes and mostly entry level students. The instructors are prob some of the best money can buy. In my opinion the only downsides are lots of the classes that actually have openings are during the work week and the classes are expensive (the class itself roughly cost $260 per 8 hour day and you usually spend a lot on ammo). They will have you working from the holster in handgun 102. With private lessons at local ranges/clubs you are going to be restricted to the rules of the range/club. Feel free to PM with any questions.

Back
Top Bottom