Concealed carry training recommendations?

I recently recieved my LTC A no restrictions, and am looking for recommendations for concealed carry training courses. I am considering Sig Academy, MFS or American Firearms School for basic and /or advance courses and would appreciate recommendations or reviews for any of those mentioned. BTW, I live in an extremely Black town, was B rammed at first, but followed the process, and now am good to go. My advice, Don't give up hope.

NRA Personal Protection in the Home (and later Personal Protection Outside the Home) are also excellent courses to consider. They aren't so much "run & gun" courses as they are in outlining issues around awareness, prevention of becoming a target, what to expect in the aftermath of a self-defense shooting, etc. plus a lot of good shooting drills that one wouldn't normally expect from an NRA course. PPIH has ~3 hours on the range where PPOH has ~9 hours on the range (PPIH is required by NRA before you can take PPOH).

Disclaimer: I teach the NRA PPIH and PPOH classes in Mansfield (PPIH - one coming up in a few weeks and one in November, check URL in sig line if interested). If that is out of your area, you can check the NRA site for classes closer to you.

You can bring your own frangible to Sig to keep the cost down.

+1 on Sig.

Sig is very good. You only need frangible if you're indoors, so if it isn't winter or raining, standard jacketed is fine. If you buy their ammo, it's currently 13/box for 9mm to give you a sense of it; not great, but not terrible, and there are a few Walmarts on the way. The class I was in this week cleaned out all the UMC Mega-paks at the local Walmart in Epping.

Back
Top Bottom