Trail camera thread. Post ur trail camera photos.

How it started...
On my driveway yesterday morning. Pretty close to the house, he set off the driveway alarm. He's been stalking the neighborhood for a few days now. The dogs have been going nuts.

View attachment 627236
How it's going, note the return trips.

He's already gotten into the coop once. I almost got him this morning........

STC_0070 (2).JPG

STC_0009.JPG

One of my cameras is in an area that has become really overgrown. On a windy day I 'll get about 50 pics. Been meaning to get out and move it. Got this rather unflattering pic yesterday.

View attachment 628222

Yeah, I went out with a grass whip to knock some of it down last week. Going out this week with the brush cutter.

Some of this stuff got chest high last year. I need to kill it as it is going to be my front yard. The deer pic is before grass whipping.

The moose pic from last night is AFTER I grass whipped it.:(

Also, the bears love rubbing on the trees and cameras-I found half of my antennas folded down last week and one of my cameras tilted at about 45 degrees.

image637912283420441570.jpg

Screenshot 2022-06-19 at 09-50-41 Moultrie Mobile - Moultrie Mobile.png

Screenshot 2022-06-19 at 09-52-09 Moultrie Mobile - Moultrie Mobile.png

Screen shot from the Ring I use as a critter cam here at the rental. I guess I had a visitor in the front yard last night.

More and more bear up north. Seeing them all over the place.
I agree with this, I've been camping North of the notch about 6 times this year and have seen at least one bear every time. Normally, I might see one or two a season. I had one take a dump about 10 feet behind my tent. I got a picture of one going across the slopes of Cannon a couple of weeks ago, until I looked at the picture that I took with my phone and couldn't tell if it was a bush or a bear. With my naked eye I watched it walk across the slopes for about 10 minutes though. Middle of the day, sun shining, up and down and across, the grass looked lush.

So this is my one major gripe with the Moultrie cameras. It needs a global pause button in the app that send out a signal to all the cameras. Now if I want to work on the land, the best I can do is set it to low sensitivity and a 5 minute interval and hope I change the settings before the camera's conection interval.

Needless to say I have dozens of pics of my fat ass running a brush cutter yesterday. BTW, maiden voyage of the Husky 525RX I picked up at Lowes was a resounding success. I ran it with the trimmer head and not the blade. It came with both. With the harness properly adjusted it is weightless and effortless. I was going to buy a more powerful one for like 500 dollars more but realized that every time I ran the brush cutter I would be on my land with a chainsaw nearby. It sure makes a mess and don't even think about running it without eyepro.

image637914833494933441.jpg

image637914838945138962.jpg

image637914833264814730.jpg

IMG_1259.jpg

I can see the army of ticks crawling up your leg from here.

Oh tell me about it. I've dug three out of me this year. Always find them in the morning too.

My boots and pants got the pemethrin treatment last month. I also go crazy with bug spray.

Now my methods are as soon as I get home, strip down in the garage and go take a shower to check for ticks. Haven't found any since the pemethrin and changing to this method.

Oh tell me about it. I've dug three out of me this year. Always find them in the morning too.

My boots and pants got the pemethrin treatment last month. I also go crazy with bug spray.

Now my methods are as soon as I get home, strip down in the garage and go take a shower to check for ticks. Haven't found any since the pemethrin and changing to this method.
I tell my wife that I need to check her for ticks… it gets the ball rolling

So this is my one major gripe with the Moultrie cameras. It needs a global pause button in the app that send out a signal to all the cameras. Now if I want to work on the land, the best I can do is set it to low sensitivity and a 5 minute interval and hope I change the settings before the camera's conection interval.

Needless to say I have dozens of pics of my fat ass running a brush cutter yesterday. BTW, maiden voyage of the Husky 525RX I picked up at Lowes was a resounding success. I ran it with the trimmer head and not the blade. It came with both. With the harness properly adjusted it is weightless and effortless. I was going to buy a more powerful one for like 500 dollars more but realized that every time I ran the brush cutter I would be on my land with a chainsaw nearby. It sure makes a mess and don't even think about running it without eyepro.

View attachment 629182

View attachment 629189

View attachment 629190

View attachment 629192
I've got a Husky 345R brush cutter and a 555FX forest saw. They cover me in all kinds of shit. I wear a helmet with face shield and usually chainsaw chaps just to keep my work pants from getting coated in it.

PS, you're probably gonna have to kill that bear. I had to.

The pemethrin works really well, and lasts quite awhile between treatments. I've been through deep brush and woods scouting quite a few times this year. First time out I forgot to treat my clothes and had ticks on my pants. Treated everything after and haven't had one on me. I also use a lotion that I put on before heading out.

I have a 25 sec video of a very strange weather phenomenon in my yard from back in February. I don’t know for sure what is happening, but it appears to be a cloud blowing across and dropping hail. My cam is about 3 +/- ft above ground. Very strange. I’ll email/text it to anyone who can post trail cam video so I can share here.

Little goober is just roaming around seeing how many cameras he can be caught on. Complete different trails and about 800' apart.

Edit to add-found him on a 3rd camera that morning. He hit camera 4, zigged up the trail to 1, and moseyed on over to 6.
image637925756719915870.jpg

image637924798131820850.jpg
image637924798373436251.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom