Trail camera thread. Post ur trail camera photos.

Wow I dont have a trail cam but after looking at all the great pictures I am going out to buy one or two of them and go out and set them up thanks ,Geoff3
Not sure if it was in this thread or not but somewhere I saw a link to a pretty good comparison test of a bunch of different makes and models. It would be nice to see which ones had faster trigger times and decent battery life and didn't cost an arm and a leg. I'd like to buy another one as well.

It's model mfh-i60. I've been real happy with it. I bought a bear box for it too. It's still available, but I've had mine for about 4 yrs. The batteries last for a year plus.
I've got the M40 and they claim the batteries only last 4-6 weeks.

Trigger speed on mine can definitely be faster, but the claim on the batteries is way off. I think the expense comes from the faster triggers. For me, that's a nice to have not a must have. Very nice to have though...

deer_zpsc3df27ce.jpg

Just bought a DEMO Bushnell 3, 5 or 8 MP Trophy Cam Bone Collector Trail Camera from Natchez for $100.19 shipped.
Description:
The small wonder, on steroids. Along with efficiency of space, an astounding one-year battery life and a one-second trigger speed, the Trophy Cams are juiced up to a whole new level of performance. All models have been upgraded from 24 to 32 night-vision LEDs for improved image quality after dark. Heightened resolution is now a selectable 3, 5 or 8 megapixels. And still featuring a PIR sensor coverage area 3x larger than any camera we’ve built before, Trophy Cams are now compatible with up to a 16GB SD card for unmatched image capacity. Select up to three rapid-fire images per trigger, or a 1 second to 60 minute delay. Video mode records a programmable 1 to 60 seconds of footage with enhanced resolution. Plus, an improved 2” built-in viewer (optional) gives you an instant look at what’s passed by. Viewer models now have an image stamp with date, time, temperature and moon phase.

FEATURES:
• Black & White Text LCD
• 3, 5 or 8 MP high-quality full color resolution
• Day/night autosensor
• External power compatible
• Adjustable PIR (Lo/Med/High)
• Trigger speed one second
• Trigger interval – 1 sec. to 60 min. programmable
• Multi-image mode – 1-3 images per trigger
• Video length – 1 second to 60 minute delay, programmable
• Widescreen, VGA, QVGA Video at 20 FPS
• Temperature range -5° F to 140° F
• 32 infrared night vision LEDs – 45 ft. range
• PIR sensor is motion activated out to 45 ft.
• 4 AA – 8AA batteries (not included)
• Runs up to one year on one set of batteries
• Adjustable web belt and 1/4-20 socket
• SD card slot (up to 16 GB)

SPECIFICATIONS:
• LCD Display: B&W Text LCD
• Motion Indicator
• 32 LED Infrared Night Vision
• Flash: LED 45ft.
• Resolution Setting: 3, 5, 8 MP
• Min Delay Setting: 1 Second
• Video Length: Up to 60 sec
• Day/ Night Autosensor
• Power Supply: 4-8 AA
• Battery Life: Up to 12 Months
• Video Resolution: VGA 20 fps; QVGA 20 fps
• Time Lapse Mode
• PIR Sensor: Up to 45 ft. (Low/Medium/High Options)

I'll have it in a couple of weeks and can't wait to see how good it works. I'm sure it'll be better than what I have now. LOL

About the only thing I get on my cam nowadays is the plow guy making his rounds. I set it back a little farther in the woods once the snow is gone, and am looking forward to a spring/summer/fall's worth of pics.

OIfer:

Trying to ID that pic that you have circled something really strange looking.

I can't tell from pic, but Gray Foxs climb trees and it looks a bit bigger than a fisher. The shape of what I believe looks like a hind leg and a possible pointy ear in the front looks about right for the fox, and about the right size. The tail is what throws me off. Its all really hard to tell from the pic. I'm assuming that the picture is throwing off the tail shape. Otherwise, I don't know of anything with a tail like that.

Last edited:
OIfer:

Trying to ID that pic that you have circled something really strange looking.

I can't tell from pic, but Gray Foxs climb trees and it looks a bit bigger than a fisher. The shape of what I believe looks like a hind leg and a possible pointy ear in the front looks about right for the fox, and about the right size. The tail is what throws me off. Its all really hard to tell from the pic. I'm assuming that the picture is throwing off the tail shape. Otherwise, I don't know of anything with a tail like that.

there are a lot of fisher where that pic was taken, so i always thought it might be that, but whatever it is, it looks like it has no fur? or is wet? Deffinately strange looking critter..

Here's some creepy dude i got a pic of moving a tree stand, it wasnt deer season yet, so his choice of outfit made us think Sling-Blade was haunting our woods...

11833_1061045943552_1542251_n.jpg

there are a lot of fisher where that pic was taken, so i always thought it might be that, but whatever it is, it looks like it has no fur? or is wet? Deffinately strange looking critter..

Thats what is confusing me. I thought fisher because of the color, but then I think I'm seeing a big pointy ear and I think the rear leg is pretty big and kind of tucked in. I might just be seeing it wrong. The tail looks weird for a fisher or fox. I'm wondering how much I'm seeing that is just because of the lighting. Its likely a fisher if the color is accurate and the ear isn't what I think I'm looking at.. Its just that the gray fox does climb trees and its rare to see this, so I was kind of hoping you got it on picture.

Thats what is confusing me. I thought fisher because of the color, but then I think I'm seeing a big pointy ear and I think the rear leg is pretty big and kind of tucked in. I might just be seeing it wrong. The tail looks weird for a fisher or fox. I'm wondering how much I'm seeing that is just because of the lighting. Its likely a fisher if the color is accurate and the ear isn't what I think I'm looking at.. Its just that the gray fox does climb trees and its rare to see this, so I was kind of hoping you got it on picture.

Looks Squatchy to me....

Not a trail cam, but I have a whole flock herd of turkeys across the street. Now to get them to want to stay in my yard.

Taken through my spotting scope with my phone, distance I would estimate to be about 300-350 yards.

ce00e6f6-9b4e-4955-837d-760dce4d1809.jpg

Back
Top Bottom