Toy gun exchange in RI--Studipity abounds

When Starbucks are outlawed

You're sending me to my happy place.

dreamy.jpg

Like I have already indicated, I thought that you disagreed with my post because you "fixed" it. Maybe you didn't. I still don't know.

I'm leaving now to go get an extra large black.

No, I didn't specifically disagree with your post, I just wanted to point out the reality of the process being foisted on the public. Perhaps the inclusion of a "smilie" would have indicated my intentions a bit better.

The coalition, a citizens group dedicated to encouraging healthy lifestyles, will offer a package of cotton candy for each toy gun presented.

They're going to promote healthy lifestyles by taking away a toy that children usually run around with and get exercise with, and in its place, give each child one of the most unhealthy foods known to man, pure processed sugar. Sounds like they really thought this one through...

I think we need coffee buybacks [rofl]

Sure, I'll participate in a coffee buyback. My coffee will be lightly used, and have a healthy yellow sheen to it instead of the dark color it came in 'from the factory'. There is the option of having it 'pre-heated' to 98.6 degrees upon delivery, but you gotta stand back some and hold out your hands first...

[smile]

Last edited:
I'm thinking of nailing a couple pieces of wood into a "gunnish" shape, and having my daughter turn that in. This way she can learn to profit (like daddy tries) from real gun buybacks by turning in the beat up POS's that everyone has in the dark corner of the safe for cash that can be spent on ammo or real guns.

This is a great opportunity for a bunch of punks with nerf guns who will offer them protection for a portion of there cotton candy after the trade off.

can call them selves "Black Soda"

A fun scenario could be had.

If you have a poised 5th or 6th grader, you could rehearse him or her.

Go to the event with some toy gun, and have the kid approach, but with ambivalence -- he is not sure he wants to participate. (Of course the object is to leave _with_ the toy gun and see how they react.

"I like my toy gun, and don't want to give it up." (it'd be funny if they increase the bribe)

"Are guns bad, is that why I should turn it in?" If so, "Then why do Police have guns?" "My toy gun is a police gun. I want to play policeman". (Love to hear what the moonbats repsond to that one.)

"My dad had toy guns, and it never hurt him. Is there something wrong with my dad?"

Really there are endless possibilities. Need a poised kid to pull it off.

I called the Helen Glover show this morning about this issue. What's next? Is Planned Parenthood going to have a doll buyback program because the teen pregnancy rate in Rhode Island shot up?

This is common sense people. Do you have any idea how many curious adults are injured or killed while playing with their children's unsecured and improperly stored toy guns?! This madness needs to stop here and now. If it saves the life of one adult it is worth it. Do it for the adults!

Had I known I would of made a bunch of wooden guns from my wood shop and brought all my nephews, nieces and cousins and let the kids clean house. THEN, Off to the range where the kids can have an awesome day of shooting and eating candy. stick it to the man!

i wonder how many kids started doing the smash-o-matic at home in hopes of getting more candy and toys [laugh] Nice lesson Jerky! Destruction is so much better for kids!

News alert....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A 5 year old in providence went into a chinese restaurant armed with a squirt gun (police found out later it wasn't loaded/no water) and made horrifying noises such as "bang bang" and "rat tatt tatt". The child is being held by authorities until we can clear juniors name. All weapons have been confiscated....

Back
Top Bottom