Top 5 guns for home defense video

That was an interesting video. He has some good points and I'm always open to learning. Don't necessarily agree with all of his assumptions and conclusions, but it was a good watch. In particular, he bases his selections on the assumption that a home defense gun will be left loaded and unshot for years on end, so you don't want any "compressed springs." I don't agree with the physics of that for one thing, and I also don't think anybody should depend on a home defense gun that they don't take out and shoot regularly.

But his points about fire extinguishers and smoke detectors are well made. Thanks.

Paul just made that video to show off his hip firing tommy gun skills.

That was pretty impressive. I was all set up for a magazine of dirt puffs and instead he nailed almost every one. Only question is how many times he had to film that [smile]

He doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

He's WAY too worried about mag/hammer springs, and he doesn't like an AR/M16 variant due to overpenetration, then recommends a tommy gun (.45 ACP) which will penetrate much further than a .223.

There are plenty of people who have left AR mags loaded for 5 years or longer, and can't tell any difference between those and a fresh mag. Of all my concerns in a home defense shooting, spring failure is on the bottom of the list.

Striker pistols don't have springs?? [rofl]

Last edited:
What no governor:)
99 out of 100 times, just turning on all the lights up stairs while yelling to your wife, nah you keep the rifle, this shotgun hurts them more, is enough to scare most criminals out of your house. If they are still there, then a few shots while your wife is on the phone with the cops will great "expedite" their response...

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk

I thought the whole "spring compression over time" thing was pretty much determined to be junk science?

Interesting how different people come to different conclusions. If I recall, a recent Hickok45 video I saw basically came to the conclusion that the AR-15 was the best choice for home defense, for him at least.

In the end, I think most people would come to the conclusion that the best answer is, "it depends."

Smoke detectors/fire extinguishers was very good point, too.

I thought the whole "spring compression over time" thing was pretty much determined to be junk science?

Interesting how different people come to different conclusions. If I recall, a recent Hickok45 video I saw basically came to the conclusion that the AR-15 was the best choice for home defense, for him at least.

In the end, I think most people would come to the conclusion that the best answer is, "it depends."

Smoke detectors/fire extinguishers was very good point, too.

It is junk science, at least for any practical purpose.

Best weapon depends on layout of the house, occupants, shooter(s) etc.

As with all things firearms, one size doesn't fit all.

Back
Top Bottom