Took my son shooting today.

whoohooo a lefty!!!!
I got my daughter the rascal and what a huge plus that was.! great day today also. Family day at my club all eating today

Last edited:
Question, shooting lefty like that, any risk of casing debris coming back at him? not the casing, but some splash back from the round going off?

Tiny Tuna just turned six. She's already passed the common sense tests and is my little hunting buddy now. She'll be on the range in a couple of months with my, I mean with HER, Chipmunk rifle I got when I was 8.

Tiny Tuna just turned six. She's already passed the common sense tests and is my little hunting buddy now. She'll be on the range in a couple of months with my, I mean with HER, Chipmunk rifle I got when I was 8.

Very cool. When we got home we cleaned the rifle and talked about how if he takes good care of it he can hand it down to his kids someday.

So was he excited afterwards?

My daughter had a great time the first time we went out, so much so we had to go back later that afternoon and she went through about 500 rounds.

Took my Son to the range today also, slight age difference tho.... He's 55 and I'm 82. We had a great time also... To the point where he is going to apply for a FID
Arnaki

I encourage every parent who is introducing their child to shooting to check out the Winchester/NRA Marksmanship Program.
http://mqp.nra.org/
The program can be done at your leisure and the kids can earn patches, medals, or pins for each level they accomplish. There are many different categories for rifle, pistol and shotgun. Kids can track their progress on a scoring sheet. Both my daughters are working on their Marksman First-Class in the Basic Pistol category. You don't have to be an NRA member to participate. Cost for the patches, medals and stuff is minimal.

So was he excited afterwards?

My daughter had a great time the first time we went out, so much so we had to go back later that afternoon and she went through about 500 rounds.
He was thrilled, this wasn't his first time out but he asked if we could go every Saturday. I guess I need to step up my searching for 22 ammo.

I encourage every parent who is introducing their child to shooting to check out the Winchester/NRA Marksmanship Program.
http://mqp.nra.org/
The program can be done at your leisure and the kids can earn patches, medals, or pins for each level they accomplish. There are many different categories for rifle, pistol and shotgun. Kids can track their progress on a scoring sheet. Both my daughters are working on their Marksman First-Class in the Basic Pistol category. You don't have to be an NRA member to participate. Cost for the patches, medals and stuff is minimal.

Thanks I will have to check it out.

Very nice. After my daughter and I went out a few weeks ago I had to tell her we have to slow down until I can find some more ammo. She just did not get how hard it is to find (unless you drive everywhere).

Took both kids (Son/11, Daughter/7) shooting at the backyard range. First time my daughter got to shoot her S&W 15-22 Purple Platinum. Both kids had fun, my son has a std black one from when he turned 7.

No cops called, no issues - I love my backyard range.

Back
Top Bottom