Tony's Custom Uppers

AEC

About 6 weeks ago, I found a thread on here that suggested I check out a site called Tony's Custom Uppers if I was looking for a lower parts kit. At the time, they were the only ones who said that they had LPKs in stock.

I ordered a LPK, stock and charging handle, after calling the phone number listed on the website and talking to "Tony". He assured me that he would be able to get me the parts in a month, no later than 6 weeks.

So, here we are, just over six weeks later. No Parts. Even better, all three of the contact emails listed on the website bounce back as non-existant, and the two phone numbers listed on the website are equally as unproductive. I left a message on one two weeks ago, and then when I called today there wasn't even an answering machine. "Tony's Cell" goes straight to voicemail, but the mailbox is full.

The one good thing is that my credit card hasn't been charged yet, but still, I wasted six weeks waiting for parts that will seemingly never come.

Unbelievable.

At the time he probably thought he could. AR parts and AR's in general are impossible to get in a timely matter right now.

The slow turnaround on parts is one thing. I get that.

The real problem is not being able to contact the guy through any of the five different means listed on the website.

I can't and won't justify the guy's lack of communication... but I'm trying to imagine owning a business where you have huge demand and can't get any supply. It must be terribly frustrating... and not very profitable.

The slow turnaround on parts is one thing. I get that.

The real problem is not being able to contact the guy through any of the five different means listed on the website.

The lack of communication is crap.

I managed to snag a couple CMMG LPKs from riflegear.com just by accident. I was surfing around and noticed they said they had them in stock for only about $10 too much. I put an order in and three days later I had two LPKs waiting for me in the mailbox. Don't know if that means they're a good place to try, or if I just got incredibly lucky. They're listed as out of stock now.

You might want to try RGUNS. They have DPMS lpk's for $55 on there website and it doesn't say out of stock. I ordered 2 lpk's on 2/24 although I haven't received anything yet. I was originally only looking for 1 but their shipping is $15 so I ordered 2 just to bring the unit price down in my head.

The prices at Rguns look pretty good, but does anybody have any idea about how reputable they are? Website looks a little shoddy.

I use a simple rule for situations like this:

1) Always pay with American Express
2) If the vendor I am trying to order from doesn't accept Amex, I look elsewhere.

When I run into the kind of wall you have run into, I call Amex and explain. My card gets refunded, and I buy elsewhere.

I use a simple rule for situations like this:

1) Always pay with American Express
2) If the vendor I am trying to order from doesn't accept Amex, I look elsewhere.

When I run into the kind of wall you have run into, I call Amex and explain. My card gets refunded, and I buy elsewhere.

Not saying that AMEX isn't a good card or anything, but I've done the exact same thing with a BOA visa.

The prices at Rguns look pretty good, but does anybody have any idea about how reputable they are? Website looks a little shoddy.

I have made a few purchases from Rguns including a rifle, and have not had any issue with the service or product.

Edit - all before the Obama madness so I am sure ship times are not what they were.

I think I may be SOL with RGUNS. I have not yet been charged although I received an email confirming my order, but I have not heard anything from them on an item that at the time I ordered (Feb. 22) was listed "in stock". I was originally hoping that when I checked their website that they just got a shipment of LPK's in. It now appears that may not be the case. I did send an email to them( March 4) asking to drop one LPK and add one 16" barrel (that too was "in stock") and I have yet to receive any acknowledgment of that email. The way things are looking I may send one last email canceling everything so that come November I don't receive an LPK and a barrel.

I know this is very old thread, however time seems to fix allot of things. When I call in now, a really nice lady named Donna always answers and provides clear accurate information, if she is telling you exactly what her suppliers are telling her, she makes that very clear. My parts and customer service rating is high. Give them a try.

Back
Top Bottom