TONIGHT! Last Winter Steel Plate Match @ Hopkinton March 13

Last Winter Steel Plate Match @ Hopkinton March 13

I heard that they all started out the same................ Not so good.

But then they practiced and asked questions. And then practiced some more. And then they came to another match. Then they took a class or teamed up with a better shooter to get some pointers. Then they did some dry-fire at home. I think you get the point.

I'm old, (Gonna be 49 in a couple of weeks) overweight, and my eyesight is fading, yet I still manage to win once in a while.

Ya not too much has come off your game old timer :)

HA!! I HAD A BLAST!

I'm sure some might be rolling their eyes thinking what a noob [rofl]. I seriously did have a blast; so much better than shooting at paper targets. I think I'm addicted. I didn't win any of the relays but I came in 2nd in one of them; (6 rounds for 5 plates!!!). Lots of encouragement and advice!

Also had the added pleasure of meeting a number of NES'ers and some non NES'ers. Nice to meet you and chat with you Peter, Patrick, Ben & Mike.

Last edited:
Thanks to everyone who came out this winter and enjoyed our steel matches. We will be doing "Tuesday night steel" on our outdoor pistol pits again this summer. It was well attended last year. Watch this space for details.

A big thanks goes out to all of the folks that help run these, it is truly an excellent example of a group effort. I couldn't do it without you guys.

Absolutely a blast...I attempted and did come very close to holding my own for a revolver. A great time. I will definitely be there on Tuesdays!

@ s4mt3k - definitely join up at HSA. It be great to have another shooting partner from Milford!

@ ipscdrl - the revolver bracket was great. We need more next time!

Had a great time as well, and will be back for Tuesday night steel in the coming months.

Thanks to the HSC folks for hosting and running this.

What a good time. Shooting steel is one of my favorite things because sometimes the steel shoots back! That aside, some of the best guys I;ve had the pleasure to shoot with. Question for Mike and Bostonbuilt. when is the next membership meeting? I think I would like to throw my hat in for consideration to join the club.

What a good time. Shooting steel is one of my favorite things because sometimes the steel shoots back! That aside, some of the best guys I;ve had the pleasure to shoot with. Question for Mike and Bostonbuilt. when is the next membership meeting? I think I would like to throw my hat in for consideration to join the club.

Membership information can be found here Prospective members can come to either a B.O.D. meeting held the first Monday of each month, or a general club meeting which are held the second Monday every OTHER month to be voted in.

Was a fun night, great to see a lot of the regulars and some new faces as well! I'm still not doing well with this whole daylight savings BS so my apologies if I was a bit slow on the uptick getting everyone signed up for relays. Thanks to all who came out to shoot and special thanks to those who helped cleanup after the match [thumbsup].

HA!! I HAD A BLAST!

I'm sure some might be rolling their eyes thinking what a noob [rofl]. I seriously did have a blast; so much better than shooting at paper targets. I think I'm addicted. I didn't win any of the relays but I came in 2nd in one of them; (6 rounds for 5 plates!!!). Lots of encouragement and advice!

Also had the added pleasure of meeting a number of NES'ers and some non NES'ers. Nice to meet you and chat with you Peter, Patrick, Ben & Mike.

Glad you had a good time (where's my lower?), you held your own and did a fine job! there was no eye-rolling and you didn't break rule #1, DON'T SCARE THE RO so it's all good. if you think that was fun wait until you get a taste of USPSA, it's the plate match x 100 (where's my lower?)

Absolutely a blast...I attempted and did come very close to holding my own for a revolver. A great time. I will definitely be there on Tuesdays!

Great thing about these matches is with only 5 targets and random seeding you have a chance to win no matter what type of gun you're running (as long as it functions properly). race your race and don't worry about the other guy, I said it last night and I'll keep saying it! wish we had a few more wheel guns show up but we did ok with 4 I think....now get yourself a bunch of speed loaders and a good belt and come to a USPSA match [smile]

was good to see you with a gun in your hand instead of a Canon [laugh]...and yes, steel sometimes fights back; a great example of why we wear eye protection at all times. I only got a tiny bit of splatter this month so I guess I'm head of the game. I agree we get a great group of shooters at our plate matches (and Tues night steel matches), all the smack talk is good natured and everyone is there to have some fun. Prime examples of the atmosphere are when we needed 1 more to even out a Revo bracket and Kyle offered to download to 6 or even 5 in his 1911 to even things up a bit and when we needed a couple for our "never won a relay before" relay and the two shooters who had won one already agreed to take on a 2 target handicap to fill out the relay. all around good group of folks!

As for membership at our little plot of Free America just off 495 - info can be found HERE, next meetings for presenting yourself for consideration of the board/members looks to be April 1st and 8th, definitely come on out!

See everyone at the first HSA USPSA match!

You guys did a terrific job running it this year. Perhaps promote a wheel gun relay even more next year and or open. Even if you handicapped a 1911 to 5/6 in wheel gun the splits would still be faster and reload faster , just saying. Great club , great bunch of guys/gals because in the end the people make the club and you folks are doing a wonderful job at it. No matter how well you shoot if you feel welcome your going to have fun that's a fact. Keep up the good work gentleman.

Back
Top Bottom