• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Today is week 8 for my pistol permit...

So today is the 8 week wait for my pistol permit I live in Bridgeport. When should I call that number and ask when it will be done without bothering them to much. Thx's ..

Call now see what they say and give them the benefit of the doubt. It's possible the FBI fingerprint check hasn't come back they do occasionally get backlogged. Then call in two weeks again if nothing.

If they don't give you an answer by then, get a lawyer to send a letter. They are required to grant or deny you in 8 weeks, so you're not being pushy by asking them to comply with the law.

http://www.cga.ct.gov/2011/pub/Chap529.htm#Sec29-28a.htm

(b) The local authority shall, not later than eight weeks after a sufficient application for a temporary state permit has been made, inform the applicant that such applicant's request for a temporary state permit has been approved or denied. The local authority shall forward a copy of the application indicating approval or denial of the temporary state permit to the Commissioner of Public Safety. If the local authority has denied the application for a temporary state permit, no state permit may be issued. The commissioner shall, not later than eight weeks after receiving an application indicating approval from the local authority, inform the applicant in writing that the applicant's application for a state permit has been approved or denied, or that the results of the national criminal history records check have not been received. If grounds for denial become known after a temporary state permit has been obtained, the temporary state permit shall be immediately revoked pursuant to section 29-32.

YEAAAAAAAAAAA just got a call from Bpt. police going to get it right now... nut I thought they would take alot longer than 8 weeks so i just spent $600 on a new bobro mount and aimpoint m3 so that was most of my pistol money so I will have to wait 2-3 weeks now...LOL ok can't get this smile off my face.later all

Just finally got my local permit Tuesday, 11 weeks to the day from application. Holdup was DPS performing the fingerprint check. Called a little after 9 weeks and my resident state trooper called and got them to "dig it out of the pile" and run the prints or I would still be waiting. Said it takes about a week, and that's what it took. Trooper recommended going to Middletown to DPS HQ instead of a barracks for the state permit, and he was right. Took me less than 15 minutes to get my state permit, and took my wife less than 10 minutes the next day. Personnel at DPS very friendly helpful, and professional. Fortunately, we just happened to be going through Middletown or the drive would have been a hassle but I think it would have been worth it. The system is still WAY too complicated and wasteful (and expensive). Hopefully renewals in 5 years will be easier.

Back
Top Bottom