To shoot, or not to shoot: that is ...

Mil-Dot

Instructor
NES Member
the question???
I have a Benelli M4 Super 90 (in the box, never fired or even assembled). I'm conflicted! Do I keep it as a "Safe Queen"? Do I sell it? Do I assemble it today and enjoy it? What would you do? Note: I already have a Mossberg 930 SPX Mil-Dot

Why haven't you fired it? I don't keep safe queens unless they have unusual value. I have guns I haven't fired, but only because I haven't gotten around to it yet.

If you want to shoot it, shoot it. If you don't, don't. I certainly can't tell you what to do with it.

I purchased the M4 at about 50% of list price or 40% of current sale prices. I was not looking for one, the deal came to me and I thought it would be a mistake not to buy it. I already have a tactical shotgun that does not get much use. Most of my other shotguns are "hunting" guns and I only purchased this one because of the great deal. It would be fun to shoot. Yeah, I guess I'll go shoot it.

Shoot it or sell it and use the money to buy something you'll shoot. The only guns I'd ever have as safe queens are rare guns that are too valuable to shoot, like a matching numbers Luger.

There are only two acceptable forms of the Safe Queen; either guns with collector's value, or guns with sentimental value. If your gun has neither, either shoot it or sell it.

Back
Top Bottom