To All Mass Residents Thinking of Leaving

Sorry dude, but I keep more of my money here and my dollar goes further. Family comes first.

lol...well, ok...I can't fault you for that. Wish us luck...and learn from what happened here and don't let them get a foothold there. be vocal early and often...

There is next to nothing that could get me to move back to Massachusetts. The state is a lost cause. It is simply too infested with liberals to be brought back from the ledge.

There is next to nothing that could get me to move back to Massachusetts. The state is a lost cause. It is simply too infested with liberals to be brought back from the ledge.

A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.

[h=1][/h]

You can. If you don't mind sitting in a car for four to five hours, Monday through Friday.
My personal record from Manchester NH to Boston: five hours, 20 minutes.

Thankfully, gun ownership is increasing steadily so we don't need to rely on people who don't have the stomach for a fight.

Knock it off with the slavery shit. I'm getting sick and tired of people on here who think that their state is magically better than anyone else's. Guess what - I can find plenty of things wrong with Kansas.

Anyone who thinks their state is perfect is willfully ignorant. There is no such thing as real freedom in America, it is a compromise to find enough freedom and quality of life to make for a more comfortable living situation.

Is Kansas/NH/Texas/Montana/where ever more free then MA? Probably. Is it really "free"? LOL.

Thankfully, gun ownership is increasing steadily so we don't need to rely on people who don't have the stomach for a fight.

Good for you guys, good luck.

Anyone who thinks their state is perfect is willfully ignorant. There is no such thing as real freedom in America, it is a compromise to find enough freedom and quality of life to make for a more comfortable living situation.

Is Kansas/NH/Texas/Montana/where ever more free then MA? Probably. Is it really "free"? LOL.

Good for you guys, good luck.

America writ large is a huge mess right now. However, there are places where taxes, regulations, gun control, and levels of left wing vermin are lower or virtually non existent. In Kansas we have meth, tornadoes, tough job market and a receding Agricultural sector. It's far from perfect, but it's much better than Massachusetts.

Put it another way: if I was ever on trial for using deadly force, I would be much better off with a jury of my peers in Kansas than I would in Massachusetts.

- - - Updated - - -

What fight do you speak of?

Short of buying your own island, I still think that we have the most freedom and opportunity under the stars and stripes.

And all the arguments FOR Kansas just make me think ......But it's KANSAS.

Haha it's not so bad. I live outside Kansas City. The western part of the state is void of humans, but where I live is like Metrowest without the traffic and the liberals. Two years and no tornadoes either. I think we got five inches of snow last year. Great BBQ, good Mexican food and constitutional carry.

Haha it's not so bad. I live outside Kansas City. The western part of the state is void of humans, but where I live is like Metrowest without the traffic and the liberals. Two years and no tornadoes either. I think we got five inches of snow last year. Great BBQ, good Mexican food and constitutional carry.

no ocean.....I cannot live without the ocean.....or guns...

I cannot live without guns and the ocean....

Millions of people in flyover states live their entire lives without ever seeing an ocean.

I love surf and deep sea fishing and I love shooting. I've never lived more than 45 minutes from salt water. Had a 24 foot boat for 10 years. Go to the cape at least once a year for a week and several other weekends. I have to live in a coastal state nearer to the ocean. Just something about it.

what would be ideal is a gun/yacht club. talk about heaven....

I love surf and deep sea fishing and I love shooting. I've never lived more than 45 minutes from salt water. Had a 24 foot boat for 10 years. Go to the cape at least once a year for a week and several other weekends. I have to live in a coastal state nearer to the ocean. Just something about it.

what would be ideal is a gun/yacht club. talk about heaven....

Agreed but I grew up on or in the water so it is non-negotiable for me.

When I talk to friends about hurricanes and such their response is "what's that" lol. So my response is always "like a tornado the size of a few states with more water". They always insist they don't see tornados either but whatever, it's a long-running joke. One of them recently took her son on a trip to Disney and went to a real beach for the first time. She is mid-thirties and didn't really care for the ocean so being landlocked is a non-issue

Of course I also had friends from LA in college who had only seen snow on tv. There is always something.

Agreed but I grew up on or in the water so it is non-negotiable for me.

When I talk to friends about hurricanes and such their response is "what's that" lol. So my response is always "like a tornado the size of a few states with more water". They always insist they don't see tornados either but whatever, it's a long-running joke. One of them recently took her son on a trip to Disney and went to a real beach for the first time. She is mid-thirties and didn't really care for the ocean so being landlocked is a non-issue

Of course I also had friends from LA in college who had only seen snow on tv. There is always something.

this is why I cannot give up the fight here in Mass....lol

I'm going to hang in this firefight as long as I can. This has been a dark time for freedom in MA - even for MA. When I drive back from NH and see the welcome to Massachusetts sign, I am overcome with an urge to flip the bird, so I do it in silent protest. My kids do it too, to the chagrin of my wife. There is no welcome to MA unless you are a statist, mentally ill moonbat, or member of the FSA

America writ large is a huge mess right now. However, there are places where taxes, regulations, gun control, and levels of left wing vermin are lower or virtually non existent. In Kansas we have meth, tornadoes, tough job market and a receding Agricultural sector. It's far from perfect, but it's much better than Massachusetts.

Put it another way: if I was ever on trial for using deadly force, I would be much better off with a jury of my peers in Kansas than I would in Massachusetts.//
Come on, be honest.

You moved to Kansas for the skiing!

And all the arguments FOR Kansas just make me think ......But it's KANSAS.

I was at a campground in Illinois when Dale rode in from California.
He got off of his bike, and said:
"We rode through Kansas, we rode the curve, we saw the tree."
He rode a sportster from California to Illinois with a guitar strapped on his back. Played it pretty well around the campfire(s).

There will be no more bad behavior in this thread and no arguing with moderators. If you have a problem with a moderator, you can address it politely via PM.

I have family up that way and it beautiful. They now have a Walmart and some restraints in the area also.

Cheap to live, but not much work in the area.

Sounds great. As I said before, I've got a job prospect there so work won't be an issue. If my fiancee or I need extra dough, there's probably plenty minimum wage crap jobs to be had to supplement. I've been looking at property online and a decent fixer upper house on at least a half acre or a large parcel of undeveloped land can be had for under $100k. People say property taxes in NH are crazy, but its really not bad on lthe places I've been looking at. Looks like a great place to raise my kid too.

Last edited:
Sounds great. As I said before, I've got a job prospect there so work won't be an issue. If my fiancee or I need extra dough, there's probably plenty minimum wage crap jobs to be had to supplement. I've been looking at property online and a decent fixer upper house on at least a half acre or a large parcel of undeveloped land can be had for under $100k. People say property taxes in NH are crazy, but its really not bad on lthe places I've been looking at. Looks like a great place to raise my kid too.

If you're looking at a parcel (10+) acres of land, there is a 'current use' rule that can provide additional property tax relief.

If you're looking to be a first time home buyer, I have 2 pieces of advice (free).
1) Make sure the basement is dry. Few things suck worse than a wet basement.
2) Try to make sure your septic system is gravity fed (if you can). The only thing worse than a wet basement is a wet basement filled with your own grey water because some expensive pump failed, or because the power is out and you flushed a toilet by mistake

If you're looking at a parcel (10+) acres of land, there is a 'current use' rule that can provide additional property tax relief.

If you're looking to be a first time home buyer, I have 2 pieces of advice (free).
1) Make sure the basement is dry. Few things suck worse than a wet basement.
2) Try to make sure your septic system is gravity fed (if you can). The only thing worse than a wet basement is a wet basement filled with your own grey water because some expensive pump failed, or because the power is out and you flushed a toilet by mistake

Great advice. Thanks. I'll keep that in mind when I go to look at properties. As for the current use rule, if one buys say, 50 acres, can they then divide off an acre or two as the residential portion then have the rest put into current use status?

Great advice. Thanks. I'll keep that in mind when I go to look at properties. As for the current use rule, if one buys say, 50 acres, can they then divide off an acre or two as the residential portion then have the rest put into current use status?
That is normally how it works. So, make sure the land is at least 11 acres so it is possible to remove an acre from current use and still have the required 10 acre minimum.

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom