• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

TN ammo tax unconstitutional, repealed

steve8140

NES Member
Browsing some other forums I came across this.
T-Rex Arms in Tennessee we’re able to hire a lobbyist and work within their own statehouse and repeal an ammo tax that was deemed unconstitutional. It took effect 7/1/19
I thought this was awesome and worthy of sharing. Give credit where it’s due.

Please watch the video, it’s worth the time.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8enTHRDq9r8

Last edited:
That’s actually good news. Unconstitutional under TN law and in TN courts? Good. Better would be federal court. But precedent is precedent.

Cause y’all know they’re gonna try to do a federal ammo tax. 75$ per bullet. And then we’ll all be reloaders. And we’ll all be out looking for salt Peter.

Wow. David Tucker, T-Rex Arm's employee-turned-lobbyist, is no quitter.

That’s actually good news. Unconstitutional under TN law and in TN courts? Good. Better would be federal court. But precedent is precedent.

Cause y’all know they’re gonna try to do a federal ammo tax. 75$ per bullet. And then we’ll all be reloaders. And we’ll all be out looking for salt Peter.

There all ready is a federal Ammo tax. It’s called Pittman Robertson and its 11% at the wholesale level which is why you never see it on your receipt but you are paying it not the manufacturers.

Browsing some other forums I came across this.
T-Rex Arms in Tennessee we’re able to hire a lobbyist and work within their own statehouse and repeal an ammo tax that was deemed unconstitutional. It took effect 7/1/19
I thought this was awesome and worthy of sharing. Give props where it’s due.

Please watch the video, it’s worth the time.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8enTHRDq9r8

And that folks is called standing up for your rights!

Back
Top Bottom