Timed out

First I lost my automatic recognition and now have to sign in manually each time I visit, Now I am getting timed out in the middle of a thread or when I click on a link off site and come back. Any ideas on how to change this back to being a little more friendly? Thanks

I haven't changed any settings and frankly probably couldn't figure out how to and what would cookies have to do with it?

I haven't changed any settings and frankly probably couldn't figure out how to and what would cookies have to do with it?

It might be best if you completely ignored my post. The whole thing is an excerpt from a particular scene in Family Guy. Again, sorry for confusing the thread, and I hope your issue gets worked out.

Tom: "I can't figure out how to check my email from home"
Ollie: "DID YOU CHECK YOUR TCP/IP SETTINGS?"
Tom: "Yes, I did Ollie"
Ollie: "ENABLE COOKIES?"
Tom: "Yes, Ollie"
Ollie: "YOU WANT THIS DOG?!"
Tom: "No, thank you, Ollie."

i am NOT IT...

clear your browser history of all passwords, website visted, cache ect and do a disk clean up.

i had to do that once and it worked fine after i did that.

-i was using IE7 at the time, now i'm on IE8 on both computers.

My browser emptys after I shut down every time. It has been set that way for years and these problems have started recently.

Manomet,

I've been having the exact same problem you described.

I'm constantly getting timed out or logged out.

I thought it could be a very short activity logout, but I'm getting logged out in the middle of actively posting and browsing content.

I'm using IE7 and my cookies, history, etc. also get dumped daily or more often.

It seems to make no difference whether or not I select 'remember me'.

See everyone I'm not just some wacko loser making stuff up to get attention. Are you on a Mac or PC. Do you have to sign in manualy all the time now?

sme too

for the last 2 weeks i have had to log in manually. YES i did check
the remember me box. this morning was the first time i did not have to..

I have not changed anything, and frankly would not know how to.

JimB

Back
Top Bottom