Log Out Feature

cams

NES Member
Strangely this has happened to me several times over the last couple weeks.

I will log out at night, and yes it’s 100% confirmed that I’m logged out before going to bed, and then the following morning I’ll pull up NES and sit with my coffee, only to notice that I’m already logged in.

While not a huge issue for me at the moment, it does present a security risk for those with multiple people in the house or a multi use family device (IE someone being able to see just how much you spent on that last shotgun or rifle, it wasn’t really free because you needed to fix it? lol) or other PM’s that members would rather keep close hold.

Not sure if it’s just my device, anyone else notice this?

IOS/Safari/last two OS no change

You potentially have a lingering cookie that isn't being cleared out by the logout feature, for some reason. Clear your cookies from the browser side once, and see if the issue persists.

I will log out at night, and yes it’s 100% confirmed that I’m logged out before going to bed, and then the following morning I’ll pull up NES and sit with my coffee, only to notice that I’m already logged in.

While not a huge issue for me at the moment, it does present a security risk for those with multiple people in the house or a multi use family device (IE someone being able to see just how much you spent on that last shotgun or rifle, it wasn’t really free because you needed to fix it? lol) or other PM’s that members would rather keep close hold.

I wouldn't even bother logging out, ever, unless you're on a multi user device or using a machine in an area where someone else can access it.

That said, that is creepy and weird as hell and should be investigated.

Does it happen with Chrome or some other IOS browser? Or just Safari? (Safari is kind of aids)

@drgrant Safari is all I use Mike, I don’t own any other type of devices except my phone. And yes it is pretty creepy. Pretty sure my house is 100% legit haunted, but seems it’s not just my device it’s happening to.

You potentially have a lingering cookie that isn't being cleared out by the logout feature, for some reason. Clear your cookies from the browser side once, and see if the issue persists.

Tried that last week, cleared cookies and cache. No joy.

speaking of weird things, when I'm posting and I hit the backspace key I get kicked out of the posting text area. Very annoying due to my terrible typing skills. Happens on my phone eand tablet. Any ideas?

speaking of weird things, when I'm posting and I hit the backspace key I get kicked out of the posting text area. Very annoying due to my terrible typing skills. Happens on my phone eand tablet. Any ideas?

I get so POed at the two-factor authentication nagging me that I'm tempted to disable it.

It has a negative value-proposition -
solves problems I don't have,
and annoys me in the process.

The problem fo rme is the I haven't logged out and logged in for so long I wonder if I remember my password...lol

Is it possible you are using an auto-login feature within the browser or perhaps a plug-in, like LastPass? Either of these can fulfill a login prompt, the latter automatically without intervention on your behalf.

Is it possible you are using an auto-login feature within the browser or perhaps a plug-in, like LastPass? Either of these can fulfill a login prompt, the latter automatically without intervention on your behalf.

No, I don’t use anything like that and any sites that I log onto that have the ‘remember me’ feature I do not use that. Only basic log in/log out for anything I do.

Change your password and see if it continues

I don't have any computers, as they are evil incarnate, so this is sort of a shot in the dark, but could you have accidentally "saved" the password in the browser and your computer picked that particular night to reboot for patches?

I don't have any computers, as they are evil incarnate, so this is sort of a shot in the dark, but could you have accidentally "saved" the password in the browser and your computer picked that particular night to reboot for patches?

Negative. I don’t own a computer. Just my phone. Easier to just put a round through it and toss it in the drink when the ball drops.

I log out, phone goes far away enough away from me at night so I have to actually get out of bed to shut off alarm each morning. Auto updates is turned off because most of them suck.

Negative. I don’t own a computer. Just my phone. Easier to just put a round through it and toss it in the drink when the ball drops.

I log out, phone goes far away enough away from me at night so I have to actually get out of bed to shut off alarm each morning. Auto updates is turned off because most of them suck.

Technically, your phone is a computer, but yes, my thought was the Evil Empire's OS (Win10) which is incredibly invasive and pushy about updates...

I use Admin's mail in option. I get transcripts of the site sent by snail mail and respond to these posts by mail.

Most people this would not work well due to latency, but it so happens my daughter is a young lady named Bright, whose speed is far faster than light. She set's out each day in a relative way and returns home the previous night.

Back
Top Bottom