Posting in the wrong forum - it has gotten out of hand

People posting Off-Topic crap in firearm-related topic forums has really gotten out of hand. Has that rule been relaxed? The General Forum seems to take the brunt of it, and the last time I looked at the first page of the general forum, there were more than a couple off-topic forums posts there.

People posting Off-Topic crap in firearm-related topic forums has really gotten out of hand. Has that rule been relaxed? The General Forum seems to take the brunt of it, and the last time I looked at the first page of the general forum, there were more than a couple off-topic forums posts there.

Newer users often don't understand that "General" means "related to firearms in general," rather than "related to life in general."

I have noticed that but honestly I could care less. There's waaaaay more important things for me to worry about than threads being placed in the correct forum[rofl]
You're doing pretty good if that's your only concern in life....
YMMV.

Its always seemed like lots of threads could take on aspects of drunk driving now and then. As long as nobody gets run over it seems like a minor annoyance, at least to me.

Its always seemed like lots of threads could take on aspects of drunk driving now and then. As long as nobody gets run over it seems like a minor annoyance, at least to me.

There is a sub-forum for drunken men who post in the wrong thread, and no longer care.
There is also a sub-forum for drunken men who post in the wrong thread, but do care.
There is also a sub-forum for men who post in the wrong thread and care, but don’t drink.

Newer users often don't understand that "General" means "related to firearms in general," rather than "related to life in general."

Most of the people wrongly posting in GD aren't newbs. They're experienced members with hundreds if not thousands or (Saruman voice) tens of thousands of posts.

For example:

Jury verdicts

Central air install in colonial with no ductwork

This guy's been a member since 2014:

Where's the Squirels, Chipmunks and other Small Critters

And here's the penultimate example - nine pages of crap that belongs in the Trump megathread:

This just in; "NES BRAINTRUST Trump is a shoe in OP is just unwoke"

Do you want to be a MOD? Cuz this is how you get stuck being a MOD.
If something like this gets you stressed be careful what you wish for. 🤪

I’d rather smack myself in the junk with a brick than try to herd this gaggle on a daily basis. 😂

Most of the people wrongly posting in GD aren't newbs. They're experienced members with hundreds if not thousands or (Saruman voice) tens of thousands of posts.

For example:

Jury verdicts

Central air install in colonial with no ductwork

This guy's been a member since 2014:

Where's the Squirels, Chipmunks and other Small Critters

And here's the penultimate example - nine pages of crap that belongs in the Trump megathread:

This just in; "NES BRAINTRUST Trump is a shoe in OP is just unwoke"
Exactly. if it was newbs, it would be one thing.....

non-green members shouldn’t be allowed to start rants.
LOL, I've been here ten years longer than you. I stopped renewing my green status when I felt the trend here strayed too far from loving freedom and started moving towards being more statist oriented.

In fairness the label “General Discussion” sure sounds a lot like general discussion, not necessarily shooting or gun-specific discussion.

Not saying it's a valid excuse, rather that calling it "Gun Talk" or something similar might make a difference. Lots of people - myself included - never see that forum tree page.

Back
Top Bottom