Time to join a new range

... Back to Danvers :

Yup , hours suck and RO must be there. I am a Sunday a.m. RO one weekend a month. I think I remember one day last summer early fall when they closed early. it has happened more than once on Saturday , because RO's are volunteers , and the Saturday crowd is less willing to help out.

Still , I am in the habit of going every Sunday morning, works out perfectly for me.

No one mentioned Hamilton , no RO's there ....

I'll second Haverhill Hound, Rod, & Gun. Probably too far for you, though, if Methuen is too far.

There's a rifle range with 50, 100, and 160 yard stations; a pistol range with 25' and 25 yard stations; and a 50' indoor pistol range with similar requirements to Andover (pistol only, lead bullets, no Magnums). There's also a trap field (steel shot only) and an archery range.

Fees are reasonable, no RO needed (You are your own RO), and most of the time it's pretty quiet...

Give me a holler if you'd like to check out HHRG.

I checked out Woburn Sportsmen about 10 years ago and decided it wasn't for me. The rules back then, anyway, seemed very restrictive, but when I heard the one that says you are only allowed ONE guest, ONCE per year, I said forget it!

Bill

I joined Pelham a while back and love it. After doing some IDPA @ Harvard i'd recommend them as well.

EDIT: Also i'm walking distance from WSA and didn't join because of some things I heard from others here on the forums. Also i'd probably go broke if I joined a range that close to home.

Ok I am going to make a commitment to join a club in the next few months.
I would like to go shoot at some ranges and check them out.

Anybody available to show off their club and have a little range time between Friday January 16th and Monday 19th (MLK day)?[smile] I have the 4 days free.

Distance is not too much of an issue for me.
Harvard sounds great, Was at Shirley for the pumpkin shoot and liked it. But Shirley is pushing 60 miles one way from Salem.

Looking for pistol/riflle to start, but eventually want to get into trap and skeet.

Anybody available to show off their club and have a little range time between Friday January 16th and Monday 19th (MLK day)?[smile] I have the 4 days free.

Harvard sounds great, Was at Shirley for the pumpkin shoot and liked it. But Shirley is pushing 60 miles one way from Salem.

Looking for pistol/riflle to start, but eventually want to get into trap and skeet.

PM me as the 16th gets closer. I can show you Harvard. Likely on the 18th, weather dependent. Rain days on the 17th or 19th.

Last edited:
Great. I put it on my calendar.

I will be in Baja, Mexico until the 15th and will send you a PM while I am down there.

If you would like to see G'town, I can arrange some time during most any weekend. Or you could come by some night after work, but would really be dary to see much. We have our meetings the 2nd monday of the month.

Mike, I'll pm you my cell. I'll be around that weekend if you want to check out G-town. We run trap on Sundays (1-people leave) and on Wednesday nights (6 or 7 I think).

Back
Top Bottom