• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Time it takes to obtain a C&R from the ATF

I sent out my application end of January. They debited the $30 from my checking account on February 3, I still haven't gotten anything in the mail yet. Is this length of time normal for the ATF to issue a C&R Federal Firearms license?

I was told by the BATFE that It all depends on how fast the recipients state clears the background check and other paperwork.

When I lived in Mass ( 8 years ago), and called the ATF to ask when my C&R would finally be approved, the minute the BATF person heard which state I was from, she said that Mass. takes just about the longest of any State because they were so slow to respond.....

I would expect 3 to 4 months wait...?

When I lived in Mass ( 8 years ago), and called the ATF to ask when my C&R would finally be approved, the minute the BATF person heard which state I was from, she said that Mass. takes just about the longest of any State because they were so slow to respond.....

Hmm. Mine took all of three weeks, so obviously MA wasn't slow to respond that time! But that was more than a year ago now. They're generally swamped these days, as News Shooter said.

Mine took a little over 3 months. I think they do them in batches, because I got mine the same week as people that had sent theirs in only 2 weeks prior. You will get it though.

Back
Top Bottom