Throop (Auburn), NY Appleseed Shoot 4/18-19, 2009

dwarven1

Lonely Mountain Arms
Range: Private Range

Address: 7305 Donovan Rd. Auburn New York

Range Fee: None

When: April 18-19 2009 and July 11-12 2009

Camping Available: Primitive free camping on site. Can camp Friday evening as well.

Hotels: Yes, numerous, check Auburn, NY listings

Directions: From Auburn, take State Street (Hwy 38) north to Turnpike Road (Hwy10 B). Turn left on to Turnpike Road and go approx. 5 miles to Donovan Road. Turn right on Donovan Road and go approx 2 miles to 7305 Donovan Road. The driveway to the range will be just past the driveway at 7305 on the left.

GPS Coordinates: Latitude: 42.971001 / Longitude: -76.649951

State Laws to be aware of: (Disclaimer: we attempt to tell you the most important ones, mag size etc. but you are required to check for yourself) No out of state unlicensed pistols. Check State Laws: http://www.oag.state.ny.us/

Range Rules: No loaded firearms on the range unless on the firing line and load command has been given. Numerous other rules, TBA in the Safety Briefing.

Capacity: 100

Maximum Shooting Distance Available: This range is capable of 300 yards. If attendance exceeds 30 shooters we can rotate the line and will have 25 yard only distance.

Contact for more information: Ed Burrell at [email protected] or 607-727-9282 or PM Dwarven1.

Registration link: April 18-19 http://www.eventbrite.com/event/216885711
July 11-12 http://www.eventbrite.com/event/216887717

Attachments

• Throop April 2009[1].pdf
    161.8 KB · Views: 2
What... no New Yorkers here? Come on, New Yorkers, don't leave me standing on the range alone![/QUOTE

I am here and will be at Throop in April.
Our local BOTG went over to check the range status yesterday. The range owner was there and is very gung ho for the shoot.

could someone from MA attend? We have family in upstate NY that could care for our toddler. Otherwise I will try for the Harvard one.
Sure, why not? I'll be there! Just sign up. Still lots of room on the line.

There's a link to the state laws, so please check them yourself - you can bet I'll be reading them carefully before I cross that state line!

could someone from MA attend? We have family in upstate NY that could care for our toddler. Otherwise I will try for the Harvard one.

Absolutely can. It would be a good choice, too. Great range.

Sure, why not? I'll be there! Just sign up. Still lots of room on the line.

There's a link to the state laws, so please check them yourself - you can bet I'll be reading them carefully before I cross that state line!

The laws are simple. If it's legal in MA, it's legal in NY, as both states kept the old Federal AWB on as their own.

LEAVE YOUR HANDGUNS AT HOME!!!!! NY laws are pretty stiff on this.

Traveling through (as in just passing through), no problem, have your handguns in a locked case stashed away in the trunk. Going to NY state, leave them home.

You'll actually find NY firearms laws much more lenient than MA firearms laws, out side of the handgun issue.

Well, the range bag is repacked, the LTRs are cleaned (and have had Volquartsen Exact-Edge extractors installed. Now to clean the car out and have it serviced before heading off to Throop on Friday.

A Rifleman persists...

Persistence.jpg

What a Terrific poster that would make

Now that is a terrific poster...

Maybe add a line as to how many dead readcoats?

Got to be quite a few AQTs

Back
Top Bottom