Three deer by the driveway

richc

NES Member
I've seen these three a lot recently. This was unusual as it was late morning. Generally I'll see them early morning or around dusk.

IMG_0005.jpg

Pretty cool picture.

In Milford, MA on Saturday at around 1 PM in the afternoon I saw one myself. A doe walked out into the middle of the street while a buddy and I were standing around talking. She looked round saw nothing of interest (I assume) and dashed back into the woods.

Odd and a little surprising. There are not a lot of wooded areas left in that area. If I saw one in the early morning or evening I'd be surprised.

Kristo... those are AWESOME!!! Looks like you have your own menagerie there!

Nice job on the pics, and thanks for sharing!

rich

The deer are probably filling up in anticipation of the coming storm if they were taken today. Nice pics folks.[grin]

Feeding continuously for long period indicates a coming storm that will last for short time.

Feeding during storm says that it will be crappy for a long while and they don't care.

Just like cows.

Last edited:
Great pics...I actually copied the picture of the hawk and saved it as one of my desktop wallpapers. There is a hawk at the Andover Sportsmens Club that regularly perches in a tree, fairly low along side of the outdoor range. The shooting doesn't seem to bother him at all. A beautiful creature!

That deer in the middle has to be the coolest irregular buck I've ever seen! I mean, no right antler and a ginormous perfectly straight, yellow, left antler? Sweet! :)

I've seen these three a lot recently. This was unusual as it was late morning. Generally I'll see them early morning or around dusk.

IMG_0005.jpg

Last edited:
The other day, I glanced out the window and saw a fox running from the backyard across the street past the end of our house. When we looked out the back, we didn't see the fox due to foliage, but we did see a very startled deer. We also had turkeys on our lawn this week.

They don't encourage hunting in developments with 1/2 acre lots.

I always tend to see 3-5 deer near my yard and neighboring yards. Anyone want to explain why I haven't seen any venison with peckers around and why no one else seems to be seeing them?

Back
Top Bottom