Threats to CT. Police escalate

This is how far we have come - could you imagine this even 10 year ago?

The police have made it clear (by training and actions) that they are an occupying force (see Boston Marathon 2013). Standard procedure is No-Knock Raids, shoot the dog, and destroy evidence of it all (see many threads about dogs and video cameras). If ordered to do something the vast majority would (at least for awhile until reality came and bit them).

It really is no wonder that some are at the point that they will no longer tolerate any of this anymore. I fear even a traffic stop for some BS charge could have disasterous outcomes given a certain set of circumstances.

I don't know what will kick this off, but it is clear that unless things change, it's coming.

Making threats against the police, even to a clearly-out-of-line and utterly-moronic officer, is no more correct than police confiscating firearms arbitrarily declared illegal by the state. From a PR perspective this works against our cause and does not affirm anything. Instead it reinforces a stereotype against gun owners and, more importantly, gives the police an opportunity to claim persecution by gun owners--which will ultimately calcify into a will to act against them that did not exist previously. So when PAG gins up even more public fear and sets a formerly-reluctant but now beleaguered PD against gun owners, eventually goading the now-more-compliant police into going door-to-door, who do you think will eventually come out on top? It won't be loud-mouths and keyboard commandos wearing ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ t-shirts.

sounds like the talk Lieutenant Colonel Francis Smith, said on his way to concord,ma.
he underestimated the resolve of real americans.

In this day and age of the DHS and military co-opting the local police, I wonder if Col Smith is being vindicated. How fast could a citizen militia assemble today? Would a citizen militia assemble today or would people just not bother, preferring to be safe than free?

sounds like the talk Lieutenant Colonel Francis Smith, said on his way to concord,ma.
he underestimated the resolve of real americans.

Making threats against the police, even to a clearly-out-of-line and utterly-moronic officer, is no more correct than police confiscating firearms arbitrarily declared illegal by the state. From a PR perspective this works against our cause and does not affirm anything. Instead it reinforces a stereotype against gun owners and, more importantly, gives the police an opportunity to claim persecution by gun owners--which will ultimately calcify into a will to act against them that did not exist previously. So when PAG gins up even more public fear and sets a formerly-reluctant but now beleaguered PD against gun owners, eventually goading the now-more-compliant police into going door-to-door, who do you think will eventually come out on top? It won't be loud-mouths and keyboard commandos wearing ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ t-shirts.

because public perception of gun owners has worked in our favor when? one example where it has gotten us anywhere?

- - - Updated - - -

In this day and age of the DHS and military co-opting the local police, I wonder if Col Smith is being vindicated. How fast could a citizen militia assemble today? Would a citizen militia assemble today or would people just not bother, preferring to be safe than free?
most would say they have too much too lose

they are comfortable even being trampled on. there is a tipping point, there always is but it seems to be further and further away

When you hear that they have taken people who own guns and are coming for all the guns, you will make your choice - sheep or 2A. I've already made mine.

this old man had the courage of his convictions, and no one messed with him for saying it.

880-from-my-cold-dead-hands.jpg

Last edited:
you reap what you sow, *******.

Exactly. Threats brought a smile to his weaselly little face when he was the one making them. Now the tables are turned, and suddenly he's not enjoying it anymore. Take your ball and run home crying to mommy, little boy.

Instead of the Chief issuing an apology he should have Peterson give the apology and show his face. Reviewing this characters background I would guess his apology would devastate his ego.

Back
Top Bottom