Thread Line Edits

Patriot

NES Member
Is it just me or is it impossible to edit the thread line now? I used to be
able to edit the thread line to say sold but now it seems to be locked. Either
that or my computer skills have failed me terribly.

TBP

TBP are you referring to the thread subject? If so before you enter the thread, double click on the thread title, it should open a text entry box so you can edit the title.

derek said:
TBP are you referring to the thread subject? If so before you enter the thread, double click on the thread title, it should open a text entry box so you can edit the title.

When you go into the classified section the thread subjects are displayed. For
instance I have a Remingtion 514 rifle for sale and I have mis-spelled the
word Remington (Reminton) and for the life of me I cannot figure out how to
edit that line to correct the mis-spelling.

I tried double-clicking and either I am doing it wrong or it doesn't do it.

Thanks,

TBP

I tried double clicking too and it put it the title in edit mode and in a split second changed the screen so I couldn't edit the title.

I took care of the OP's problem but it was ugly getting there and I couldn't tell you exactly how I did it . . . brute force!

LenS said:
I tried double clicking too and it put it the title in edit mode and in a split second changed the screen so I couldn't edit the title.

I took care of the OP's problem but it was ugly getting there and I couldn't tell you exactly how I did it . . . brute force!

I just tested it some more. Don't click on the actual thread link but click to the right of it. As long are you are in the rectangle that the thread title is in and double click it, it will open the edit box. [wink]

I've been clicking edit, and then advanced edit to change the title, but I don't know if advanced edit is just for the mods or everyone.

I seem to be unable to change a thread title also. I tried using advanced edit, but it doesn't show in the thread listing correctly. When I go back to advanced edit, it does show the correct title:

Image1.jpg

What am I doing wrong?

Back
Top Bottom