• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Notification that somebody quoted my post in a thread where I’ve never participated.

JRT

NES Member
More informational, no harm or usability issues otherwise. Maybe a little harm as the forum mistook me for @greencobra 🤣.

I had a notification that @FisherTech had quoted my post in the “AAA can f*** off” thread. I have not posted in that thread, for the record, if I would have, I would have made fun of @T-Unit for not changing his own tire.

Anyway, here’s the pics. One shows the notification, another the fact that I have not posted there and when I click the notification I go to cobras post.

It’s probably nothing but I figured I’d let you know.

BC18A53A-EF2F-48B4-BA23-34D0821E190F.png 83F64D8C-0828-4DBC-BE76-21C5777FE1B5.png 67BCFA35-12E1-467B-97E2-4453F858CF8A.png

Someone probably saved your post in a multi quote, then decided not to use it. But it stayed on their clipboard. Then the next time they multi quoted, in another thread, your quoted post was still in there and they lacked the wit to delete it before mashing “quote all.”

Happens to me sometimes. Almost. Because I have the wit to delete unused quoted posts from my clipboard.

Someone probably saved your post in a multi quote, then decided not to use it. But it stayed on their clipboard. Then the next time they multi quoted, in another thread, your quoted post was still in there and they lacked the wit to delete it before mashing “quote all.”

Happens to me sometimes. Almost. Because I have the wit to delete unused quoted posts from my clipboard.
This makes sense but the "saved" quote should have posted too, although it may have and then was ninja edited.

Back
Top Bottom