Thoughts on original Preban Colt..

OK, so I would like the thoughts from others here. I recently found and purchase a preban colt government issue A2 AR15(all original). This is a double edged sword I think. It is used, but in exceptional condition. In fact, it almost looks like it wasn't used. Almost no wear anywhere, and looks great. I wanted a preban with all the evil features for so long, but when I bought, which was in the week or 2 after election, the pickens were slim. Luckily I got everything I wanted, and then some. The issue I now have is that this is an all original Colt and with it being a Government issue Carbine, it has some value (according to what people have told me). Now I am going to use it quite a bit, as that is what they are meant for, but I am concerned about overuse and possibly destroying an original barrel or something and possibly losing some of that value down the line. I mean, who knows what this thing will be worth in the future if they get banned altogether. I have given though to purchasing a new m4 upper to just put a bunch of rounds through, but I would rather not spend the money. What do others think? I have no intention of selling it, so in theory I could just shoot it and if something broke replace it then. But then again, what if uppers become so rare and rediculously expensive in the future I couldn't afford it, or if I did want to sell it some day, I would think all original brings more money.

Sorry for the long post and thanks for the opinions.

I shoot my pre-ban Colt like it was meant to be and don't worry about it.

BTW, why did you post this in the Gun Laws forum, did you have a legal question?

I believe you have a Government Model AR. The Feds don't buy semi-auto guns in general...

I would shoot the living crap out of it. I don't understand gun collectors. I get guns to shoot, not to stare at.

--EasyD

This was accidentally posted here, if possible can one tell me how to move or can the mod move this to proper area?

What is the life span of a barrel for these anyway? This has the original Pencil barrel for the Government models. Below is a link to the exact model I have, except pre-ban, not new.

http://colt.com/law/ar15a2.asp

Thanks.

treat it like a first date? i could interpret that in so may ways, but i don't want to put words in your mouth. (hey now, keep the "in your mouth" + "first date" follow-ups to yourselves, this is a family forum.)

This was accidentally posted here, if possible can one tell me how to move or can the mod move this to proper area?

What is the life span of a barrel for these anyway? This has the original Pencil barrel for the Government models. Below is a link to the exact model I have, except pre-ban, not new.

http://colt.com/law/ar15a2.asp

Thanks.

Depends on how much you shoot it, how much you clean it, etc.

Back
Top Bottom