This May Be An Extremely Dumb Question

Not enough caffiene, really.

OC is pretty prevalant in NH, more so than you seem to think, especially outside of the cities. I OC about once or twice a week, not to make a statement, but because I just don't care. I go about my business, and no one makes an issue of it.

Obviously, discretion is a must, and attitude helps. If you walk around with an "F the cops" attitude, even without OC'ing, you're probably gonna have bad time with them no matter what.

I'm not trying to win hearts and minds. I've got enough shit on my plate just taking care of the day to day. I'm just living my life as I see fit.

Not enough caffiene, really.

OC is pretty prevalant in NH, more so than you seem to think, especially outside of the cities. I OC about once or twice a week, not to make a statement, but because I just don't care. I go about my business, and no one makes an issue of it.

Obviously, discretion is a must, and attitude helps. If you walk around with an "F the cops" attitude, even without OC'ing, you're probably gonna have bad time with them no matter what.

I'm not trying to win hearts and minds. I've got enough shit on my plate just taking care of the day to day. I'm just living my life as I see fit.

This post is just a bucket full o' truth.

Although I usually OC because I don't have my NH non-res, doing regular stuff (like buying beer at a gas station, or picking up $200 worth of pizza from the pizzeria) while OCing doesn't really raise any eyebrows. As long as you don't kick in the door, hand on the gun, and eye everyone while holding one eyebrow up before continuing into the building, no one gives a rats ass.

Oddly enough, the same is true in parts of MA. On a regular basis, I fail to effectively conceal my sidearm....and yet no one has ever called the cops, or shot me, or said "zOMG a man with a gun!". If YOU act like it isn't there, the sheep will too.

Ward Bird comes to mind...
. . .
All he did was have a firearm in his possession while he ordered a trespasser off of HIS PROPERTY.

Mark L.
The court didn't know for sure what he did, since Ward refused to testify at either of his two trials.

If police have a witness who is willing to [STRIKE]perjure herself[/STRIKE] testify that you were waving a pistol around and pointing it at them, you're going to be arrested. That's not the same as walking down the street with a visibly filled holster on your belt...

The only way to ensure soccer moms stop freaking out and dialing 911 when somebody with a gun walks down the block, is for it to be commonplace.

The only way to ensure soccer moms stop freaking out and dialing 911 when somebody with a gun walks down the block, is for it to be commonplace.

This is something a brainwashed MA gun owner will NEVER be able to wrap their mind around, EVER. The MA government has gun owners of the state so scared, confused and dismayed, it's intertaining at times.

Can't blame them, it's a foreseeable side-effect of having a may-issue system where even simple ownership of most firearms depends on getting permission, and they can withdraw that permission at any time and for any (or no) reason.

One more argument in favor of open carry -- free men can not only keep and bear arms, but can bear arms without having to ask permission in advance. How much of a "right" is any right if you can only exercise it by first getting permission from an (unelected) government official?

No it was the nice friendly police responding to a complaint and believing a known liar and a convicted criminal. Instead of one angry cop, it was a whole system that decided to make an example out of him and despite all the protests, and all the good people who stood up for Mr Bird, he is still a convicted felon who can never own guns, exhausted financial resources, and had to spend several months in prison with real bad guys all because the police decided that he was a bad guy, when in fact all it was, was a "he said, she said".

If that is really the case that could have happened even if Ward didn't have his gun on his person at all, she could have just made it up, knowing (via some means) that he owned a gun... the LEOs finding it in the house would have been enough to trump up charges.

Honestly, using that case as some kind of a bellwether for legal status of open carry in NH is pretty stupid. Ward's whole case is a pile of circumstances topped on one another and the case is probably a lot deeper than a couple of news blurbs in the union leader or whatever have let on to.

-Mike

Ward Bird justification = Moot. go read the trial documents - http://freewardbird.org/trial-documents/ pay particular attention to Document 5, pg 8, lines 15-20 as posted in comments.

There seems to be alot of psychoanalyzing going on. This puts people in the mindset that they need to "quickly educate" others relavent to what their outlook might be, whether meant to or not... Warning people about the possibility of a cop with an attitude or unfavorable outlook on a certain situtation, while crediable in the above stated education, is still weak.... they are called laws for a reason. If the responding officer finds himself/herself in a position that they are questioning our right to OC/CC then the matter has gone far beyond someone getting "Scared". This would be documented and noted in the procedures of the department, and if not noted correctly, be questioned within a short amount of time.

I get tired of feeling like I am the crimininal if I happen to offend anyone visiting my home state. I stopped this mindset a while ago, as when I was learning everything I needed to do to protect myself and my family.... it hit me. I'm not the criminal. I'm a law abiding citizen, and when I get back home, I will carry responsibly knowing that. I will also educate family and friends in the same manner.

Back
Top Bottom