This kind of made my blood boil

Yelp ratings:

5 stars 25
4 stars 2
3 stars 4
2 stars 8
1 star 256

That's pretty stupid, unless the bartender also happens to be the owner, you're just ****ing the poor bartender/waitress/server out of their tip.

-Mike
Pics of Waitress?

Last edited:
You reap what you sow. I can't imagine that sign did wonders for the business. I would have liked for people to have eaten there, then when the bill came, informed them they were carrying, asked for the owner/manager, and then asked if they really did not want their business. Free meal? That would be fun.

Their house, their rules.

My money would not go into their house.

This. I could care less about them making their own rules for their business. Their attitude toward people is more than enough to keep me from ever patronizing that business, if I ever travel anywhere near there.

Stuff like this is hilarious to me. I'd be among the first to say that it's his business, so of course he's entitled to do whatever he thinks is best. It gets funny when you realize this guy thought THIS was the best move [laugh]

Stuff like this is hilarious to me. I'd be among the first to say that it's his business, so of course he's entitled to do whatever he thinks is best. It gets funny when you realize this guy thought THIS was the best move [laugh]

agreed, he sat down one day and said "you know what? I think I am going to put up a sign that relays my personal views on my business entrance, and I won't be well spoken or humble about it... I own this place and think this is a great idea"

smooth

Well he seems to have all the social skills required for the service industry.
I'm sure putting a sign with the words loser and d-bag on your front door attracts the finest people to your place.
That said , it sounds like the lad may have some serious mental problems and anger issues.
Bet he's fun to work for too [rolleyes]

Check out the submitted photos page...
013.gif

http://www.yelp.com/biz_photos/backstreets-pub-and-grill-clemson?select=IxJVw3jChadFQpfRitzlnQ

That's pretty stupid, unless the bartender also happens to be the owner, you're just ****ing the poor bartender/waitress/server out of their tip.

-Mike
Once the help realizes they are effected, the only people he will get are those who have no choice and will act it.

What's really funny is until yesterday, when the sign went up, this place had three reviews on Yelp in the last four years. Yesterday and today they've got almost 400 reviews, 15% Positive & 85% Negative.
Most of my customers know my political beliefs but I would never put up a sign at my business stating what they are, liberals have money too. I don't discriminate, I'll take your money no matter how politically backward you are.

Yelp Reviews Backstreets Pub And Grill

They should call it the " Backdoor Pub And Grill" [laugh]

Last edited:
OK so we just pass a law down here that removes the restaurant carry restriction and this is how that jackass decided to respond. What a ****ing moron. OH and BTW that sign has no force of law since it in not "the sign". Down here it has to be this sign...

12891d1311100838-south-carolina-no-concealable-weapons-allowed-sign-noconcealableweaponsallowed.jpg

So far I have only seen 2. Once at a bank and one at a Compare Foods (think pricerite)... It is too bad OC isn't legal here. I would love to get a few guys together and go in OCing, since his sign means nothing, and sit at the bar and order water... [laugh]

In South Carolina? Wonder how that's going to play out for them?

Not really. I know exactly how that will play.

If ever there was such a thing as bad publicity, this is it.

exactly. my brother went to school there and lived there for a few years after. I'm guessing the owner is part of some newly imagined moonbattery associated with college campus proximity. I will second the opinion that this is the wrong place to try this out. He's a bit too far below the Mason Dixon for that nonsense

This is (for me) not worthy of a blood boiling, or a pressure increase. He does not want concealed carriers' money. Fair enough. Eat elsewhere.

But calling people "Loser" and "D-Bag" outs him as being a contemptuous, discourteous jerk.

Spend your money where it's welcome and where it's (and you're) well treated.

Firstly I don't appreciate being called stupid, which you frequently do when you disagree with someone else's ideas. I haven't called you stupid for any of your posts.

Secondly, I don't care... the waitress/bartender will go crying to the manager who in turn will tell the owner. Point made.

If you read it carefully he said the act was stupid (which it is), not you. You think it accomplishes more to put money in the pocket of the guy who actually posted the sign by spending money there and then stiff the employee who is simply trying to pay his/her bills? Seriously? That's a whole lot of fail right there. If you're going to make statements that invite disagreement because of flawed logic...

Here's a tip for you. Grow thicker skin.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom