This is why florida kicks ass

My wife is from Windsor originally. My In-Laws lived about 2 miles from Hussey's. I spent a lot of time in there. Great store. Last time I was up in that area they were still going strong. After my In-Laws had passed we still owned their place and rented it out. The first guy who we rented to worked as a butcher at Hussey's.
Been there. They are also featured on the smash hit "Tirdy Works" show...

1635256848709.png

Not if you have Warts on your Ass. 🐸
youre-gonna-to-have-a-bad-time.jpg

Cecil Webb was free when I lived there. And can't say I was ever swept like I was at Bob's in Salisbury, either!
How were you swept at Cecil Webb?

I'll take one Hussy, aged 18-22 please.
4700cb6b8501f58b2caba1c19eb321e6.jpg

Glad you are happy and I really would like to go to FL one day.. But public gun ranges f'n suck. The only reason to brag about them is if they are new to you.
Its not like the northeast. I was skeptical also before I went. The public outdoor by me is quite nice. Super well maintained. Rifle out to 200.

The state runs them as part of some outdoor program.

Its not like the northeast. I was skeptical also before I went. The public outdoor by me is quite nice. Super well maintained. Rifle out to 200.

The state runs them as part of some outdoor program.
Didn't know you moved to FL, how come you didn't start a self congratulatory brag thread ? [smile]

I read some horror stories about public ranges in Fl.. People getting jacked for their weapons by the local "gang" members, theft etc..

Hopefully it changed ?

Not sure if state run is new, but wouldn't that mean representatives of the state are there to make sure things are Kosher ?

I read some horror stories about public ranges in Fl.. People getting jacked for their weapons by the local "gang" members, theft etc..

Hopefully it changed ?

Not sure if state run is new, but wouldn't that mean representatives of the state are there to make sure things are Kosher ?
I have no clue. Maybe? The one near me is basically a 1/4 sized hotter than hell version of Harvard. Not really any sketchy clientele so far. Its a little isolated.

No range officers ?
They do but its about as lax as it gets. They only serve to make the line hot/cold and make sure no ones shooting over the back stop.

It's not Bob from danvers fish and game starting heated fights over something he did but is so senile blamed someone else [rofl]

They do but its about as lax as it gets. They only serve to make the line hot/cold and make sure no ones shooting over the back stop.

It's not Bob from danvers fish and game starting heated fights over something he did but is so senile blamed someone else [rofl]

Cool, hope you are enjoying life down there..I would only be jealous if people were moving to CO, MT, ID or WY.. Florida doesn't appeal to me, too flat, no mountains.. Winters seem nice though. I want to go to Disney and the Keys, that's it lol

Babcock Webb, where Dench shoots ( 7 miles up the street from me BTW) is so isolated that after you dispatched anyone who you caught trying to steal from you or dropped them in the dirt, it is only a short drag to where the alligators and other wildlife would dispose of the remains.

remember most of the older guys here are former Military, Vietnam era, cripes the guy next door to me is pushing 80 and he is in fantastic condition, as are most of my neighbors. When the guys get together to go shooting up at Babcock-Webb, I would not want to be the guy that screwed with them.

fred-c-babcock-cecil.jpg

fred-c-babcock-cecil.jpg

Last edited:
I wasn't aware that finding guns with a magnet was that easy...must have been a boating accident. [cheers]

An 11-year-old Florida boy decided to try out magnet fishing with his grandpa in a canal and discovered two .50-caliber M82A1 Barrett sniper rifles submerged beneath an overpass.

I hate not paying income tax... country living.... public shooting ranges....no wait time on the golf course...well maintained public parks....nice weather...
More drugs and idiots then one can imagine
Humidity that'll make you sick
Grass the crunches when you walk on it
Elderly clogging the roadways at 4pm to go to dinner
Giant spiders , insects , snakes and alligators ..............

I can only imagine that there are better places than Florida to avoid huge taxes , and to find comfortable country living.
Stayed down there for a year back in the 90s , and have been a handful of times since then. Everytime I've gone down there I wonder why I've gone back , can't stand the place.

I can only imagine that there are better places than Florida to avoid huge taxes , and to find comfortable country living.
Stayed down there for a year back in the 90s , and have been a handful of times since then. Everytime I've gone down there I wonder why I've gone back , can't stand the place.

1643899359139.png

Sounds like you went to south florida

Drugs are everywhere

Gators leave you alone
The bugs suck but whatever
The heat really isnt bad
Idk mass was hands down the worst state I've ever lived in
Nh was better than fl except for the cold

You forgot, it's flat as a f***ing pancake, there are literallly skyscrapers in Miami that are taller than the state's highest
point. [rofl] So if someone likes mountains, or terrain, you can forget about it.

Good luck with the rest of it though, IIRC FL is probably the only state that has both no state Death/Estate tax and no state income tax. Gonna be hard to find that combo
elsewhere. There are other homestead/tax/legal benefits to the state too but I forget them all offhand.

You forgot, it's flat as a f***ing pancake, there are literallly skyscrapers in Miami that are taller than the state's highest
point. [rofl] So if someone likes mountains, or terrain, you can forget about it.

Good luck with the rest of it though, IIRC FL is probably the only state that has both no state Death/Estate tax and no state income tax. Gonna be hard to find that combo
elsewhere. There are other homestead/tax/legal benefits to the state too but I forget them all offhand.
I think even a ranch house might be taller than the highest natural point in Florida.

The bugs suck but whatever
The heat really isnt bad

Lol it's not that bad..... yeah its so great that all the dualies I know don't stay down there for 6+ months out of the year. [rofl]

Friend that moved there says "you get used to it" but I am still thinking its an armpit most of the year.

The bugs must be nauseatingly bad, given people have to have huge screen contraptions around their swimming pools just to use them. That says to me "a citronella candle isnt going to do shit to the garbage flying around here" [rofl]

Lol it's not that bad..... yeah its so great that all the dualies I know don't stay down there for 6+ months out of the year. [rofl]

Friend that moved there says "you get used to it" but I am still thinking its an armpit most of the year.

The bugs must be nauseatingly bad, given people have to have huge screen contraptions around their swimming pools just to use them. That says to me "a citronella candle isnt going to do shit to the garbage flying around here" [rofl]
Idk i put up gutters in the dead of summer last year and played golf.

It was hot but it wasnt anything too bad.

I dont have one of those stupid screens on my pool we lived

The bugs are bad in rural spots. Not so much where I am.

The heat IS bad for about 4 months. Its very hot and max humidity. The sun is also strong as f***.

The bugs are bad in rural spots. Not so much where I am.

The heat IS bad for about 4 months. Its very hot and max humidity. The sun is also strong as f***.
The bugs arent that bad... lol like dude your outside of course there are f***ing bugs

Except the damn ants those things are a pain

Back
Top Bottom