This is what I did to hide my pistol when can't C/C.

This is legal in Georgia, but might not be where you live.

http://forum.gon.com/showthread.php?t=680383

You can't take it with you when you leave the car though.

This way, you can.

ass.jpg

Great work but Not in Mass

What if there was a Trigger Lock in place ?

The OP realizes Quick Access is not possible; that's not the goal.

The goal is Theft Prevention when the OP enters the Post Office, maybe a Bar (illegal in some states to CC in a Bar), etc.

What if there was a Trigger Lock in place ?

The OP realizes Quick Access is not possible; that's not the goal.

The goal is Theft Prevention when the OP enters the Post Office, maybe a Bar (illegal in some states to CC in a Bar), etc.

Still need to meet the storage laws - glove box, center console even locked I don't believe cuts it. Section 131L - never tried and don't think I want to be the test case either.

I'm overthinking this, but fitting the cover with a Cam Lock would create a Locked Container.

Then you'd have to make ANOTHER cover to conceal the one with the lock.
cam_lock_1.png

Let's face it. If the LEO is determined to arrest you, he'll find a reason.

Arrest and Prosecution can only be made less probable.

Still need to meet the storage laws - glove box, center console even locked I don't believe cuts it. Section 131L - never tried and don't think I want to be the test case either.

Trigger lock is lawful for storage.

Trigger lock is not lawful for transportation. And it had to be unloaded for transportation.

Trigger lock is lawful for storage.

Trigger lock is not lawful for transportation. And it had to be unloaded for transportation.

Yes correct , I just don't know if the law looks at a glove box or console which both can be locked the same was as a lock box under the seat. I've read plenty but never got a good answer about storage in a car.

Yes correct , I just don't know if the law looks at a glove box or console which both can be locked the same was as a lock box under the seat. I've read plenty but never got a good answer about storage in a car.

I'd bet LEO's get bent out of shape by Glove Boxes and Consoles just because who locks those things ?

It's likely a rare event they witness a Driver using a Key in those places.

I'm not certain the firearm needs to be unloaded, but do it anyways. LEO's rarely know the law, and one may think it has to be unloaded.

99% of the time when people get in trouble is when they reach for the Registration and a gun falls out.

Lockbox from gunvault, cable to seat frame, slide under seat. If it doesn't fit under the seat (the ONLY reason is outta sight, outta mind) drop a t-shirt or grocery bag or ball cap or whatever on top. Drop the mag in your pocket first... Overthinking folks...

Last edited by a moderator:

I think in Reyes, that correction officer got arrested for storage in his glove box. Not sure if it was locked though?

I think in Reyes, that correction officer got arrested for storage in his glove box. Not sure if it was locked though?

I don't think I've locked my Glove Box or Console EVER.

- - - Updated - - -

Was that the guy that got ratted out by a fellow worker ?

I'd bet LEO's get bent out of shape by Glove Boxes and Consoles just because who locks those things ?

It's likely a rare event they witness a Driver using a Key in those places.

I'm not certain the firearm needs to be unloaded, but do it anyways. LEO's rarely know the law, and one may think it has to be unloaded.

99% of the time when people get in trouble is when they reach for the Registration and a gun falls out.

If you are transporting a firearm (using MGL definition), that is not under your direct control, it must be unloaded (no ammo in the chamber(s), no loaded mag in the gun), and in a secure container. A firearm that is being stored must be in a secure container, or disabled with a cable or trigger lock. A stored firearm may be loaded.

So if I go to the range with my AR and it has a cable lock through it and inside a gun case, am I legal or not ?

Does anyone know if they make simplex lock versions of those little cable-fastened boxes you put under your car seat?

I have one that I use all the time made by GunVault (I think). Although it isn't a Simplex lock, it has combo dials so no key is needed, if that's your need. I hate having things with keys, so that's why I went with this one, and I can use it in my truck, or take it when I travel. Bought at my LGS for $20-$30.

Does anyone know what the company is that makes the safes to fit in the console of you vehicle?

What options do you use to secure your weapon in your vehicle?

Bob

I don't remember the company you are referring to, but they made some really cool stuff that there was threads about in the past. I try to never leave a gun in my car, but when I've had to, I use the small steel box mentioned in my previous post because it has a heavy cable that gets looped around a seat frame and the box can be tucked under the seat out of view. It's very secure, and unless some guy is carrying a set of bolt cutters to steal the whole safe, it's not going anywhere because it would take considerable effort to pry open, or otherwise gain access, unless someone had a private spot hidden from view and the time to open it. For the typical smash and grab thieves it's sufficient inmo.

Does anyone know what the company is that makes the safes to fit in the console of you vehicle?
I don't know the brand, but I saw one such safe at a gun show that came complete with a pre-printed sticker on it advising that the owner does not grant consent to search of the locked container and that a warrant is required. Although this probably won't stop a cop on a fishing expedition, it would make it harder to successfully argue consent was given.

I have one that I use all the time made by GunVault (I think). Although it isn't a Simplex lock, it has combo dials so no key is needed, if that's your need. I hate having things with keys, so that's why I went with this one, and I can use it in my truck, or take it when I travel. Bought at my LGS for $20-$30.

Yes! This is what I was looking for. I also hate having to look for keys. Having one more obstacle between you and defense can kill you, I'd opt for combination locks. I'm going to pick one of these up. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom