• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

This is what happens when you don't buy all the Permits..

Normally my dad and I buy every permit there is to go with our Sportsmen Licence. Even though we Rarely, or dont hunt everything the permit lets us. Well, this year $$ was a bit tighter then normal, so we just got what we needed to hunt with.(Just Deer and Ducks)
Well, tonight This thing tore down the Fence to our Garden and started mowing our corn.... Season is open 3 more days..
BearintheGarden2010.jpg

Looked like a Male. 200, maybe 225 pounds...

Was this on your property and would you have made the 500 feet from dwelling and 150 from the road? If that is the case and it is your property can't you take him anyway? I know some states are like that I don't have enough land for me to worry about the law.

Was this on your property and would you have made the 500 feet from dwelling and 150 from the road? If that is the case and it is your property can't you take him anyway? I know some states are like that I don't have enough land for me to worry about the law.
150 from the road, Yes. 500 From other houses, Id say no.

how tall are your fence post?
6 and a half feet. maybe 7 feet.

has to be an optical illusion created by the fence because it looks like it would be only 18" at the shoulder or the post are 9ft tall.

Back on topic. this year was the first year I have not bought all the tags. hope it doesn't bite me in the behind

In most states that law doesn't apply from you own dwelling and second just because an animal is on your property it doesn't give you any legal right to kill it without the proper license.

In most states that law doesn't apply from you own dwelling and second just because an animal is on your property it doesn't give you any legal right to kill it without the proper license.

Isn't there an exemption for protection of crops and/or livestock?

Isn't there an exemption for protection of crops and/or livestock?

You can shoot it to protect personal property, including crops or livestock. You'd need to report it however, and I believe it's their discretion as to if you're allowed to keep it.

OK... what the hell is it? Where was this photo taken?

I grew up in the inner city...

Thanks,

Rich

There is a degradation permit available from Div of Fish and Wildlife. Its 25.00 a year, there is a requirement that 51% or more income is derived from said crops and or livestock. A log must be kept and a call must be made to the Env Police immediately upon taking the animal. The local EPO will decide what happens to the remains. To file for a permit call 508 389 6300 to call the MEP 800 632 8075.

Self defense is self defense, be it from a 2 legged or 4 legged animal. Still if in fear of life and the animal is killed call the MEP to report it.

Better to be a calling party than an investigated party.

Back
Top Bottom