This is my rifle. There are none like it and this one is mine.

Shot .311 PPU and 188 surplus from the M39 today, got nice groups of 4 inches. That's not the rifle, that's my shitty aim. I think the problems have been resolved, I just randomly scored ammo that was .308-309 in diameter.

Not that random with the modern stuff.

I think what you need to find is some of the Russian surplus sniper ammo. It looks just as crude as the rest of the 7.62x54R stuff. But it is supposedly very accurate in Nagants.

The following is from a lucky gunner ad. I would also check with Privi and see what sized bullet their 7.62 x54R match ammo uses.

I agree that undersized bullets could cause the problem. Generally Russian Nagants are .311" and Finnish Nagants are .308.

Don

Details

This hard to find Russian surplus 7N1 7.62x54r ammo is designed for Russian snipers and is world-renowned for its premium accuracy. This surplus ammunition was manufactured in 1997 and is quite new by surplus standards.

This ammo comes sealed in a 440 round spam can to keep it dry to ensure that this ammo stands the test of time. This ammo is a perfect fit for your Dragunov or Tiger to deliver pinpoint accuracy.

Note, this ammo is corrosive but a thorough cleaning afterwards will keep your rifle functioning for a long time. Additionally, this ammo is considered magnetic so check your range rules prior to purchasing.

- - - Updated - - -

Read this page. They say Hornady and Speer both make ammo with 3.11 diameter bullets.

Don

http://7.62x54r.net/Forums/index.php?topic=1663.0;wap2

Nah, what I need is the Finnish Lapua D166 that was meant to go through it.

D166 is 309" , ain't it? This is,why I went to cast loads with my nagant. Tired of trying to found bullets that are 28 cents or more ea. I'm also,to the point I don't really want to "clean" my rifle every time I shoot it.

That's why I want a lead mold in the shape of the D166 :)

That's going to be tough one...... might just be better off with a 314" 200 grain cast bullet. You could gas check it and with the correct alloy push it up into the 2000fps range?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom